PDA

View Full Version : An example using lots of LUA, DVDspy and LCD

adam.klotblixt
January 22nd, 2003, 09:40 AM
Well, after many hours of coding in Girder I have decided to make this example available to you, the public.

What the example does:
Using DVDspy I take info from Winamp and parse it using LUA. The info is presented on a 4x20 display, either a simulated LCD or a Futaba serial VFD. Lines that are longer than 20 characters are scrolled back and forth.

I hope at least 1 person become enlightened studying this example.
/Adam Klotblixt

Mark F
January 22nd, 2003, 11:34 AM
I can not see an attachment. Am I missing something here?

adam.klotblixt
January 22nd, 2003, 12:32 PM
There, updated with a file attached. Hope it works now!

s.morris
February 14th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Where ? :o

Mark F
February 14th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Attachments were zapped in the last security update for PHPBBS.

junior
February 14th, 2003, 10:56 AM
so Adam, can you post them again please ?

:D

Mark F
February 14th, 2003, 11:05 AM
This board no longer supports uploads. You need to place them somewhere else on the net and reference them here.

Ron
February 14th, 2003, 11:48 AM
The old files can be found here:

http://www.girder.nl/filesbb/

adam.klotblixt
February 14th, 2003, 12:33 PM
The file you want is:
http://www.girder.nl/filesbb/files/LUA-example_scroller.zip

Enjoy, and please comment!

klaus6542
March 28th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Well, after many hours of coding in Girder I have decided to make this example available to you, the public.

What the example does:
Using DVDspy I take info from Winamp and parse it using LUA. The info is presented on a 4x20 display, either a simulated LCD or a Futaba serial VFD. Lines that are longer than 20 characters are scrolled back and forth.

I hope at least 1 person become enlightened studying this example.
/Adam Klotblixt

I have a 2x40 futaba m-series vfd how do you think it will like on this display? I have tried to change the lines and lenght in regedit with now luck it still shows wrong text ( not 40 charecters in a line??) Do you know, is it possible to change these settings?

Klaus Danmark(ups jeg kunne vist godt have skrevet på danska?)

adam.klotblixt
April 2nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
I'm afraid my Danish is quite bad, so English it is.

Modifying the code to work on a 2x40 display shouldn't be too hard, but it is definitely done in Girder, not the registry.

I have new code that use LCD-plugin instead of the direct serial code I used, so if you can get the display working with the plugin it should be easier to modify my current code.

klaus6542
April 2nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
My display is working with the lcd plug-in with futaba seriel setting, the display show correct text but it looks like this: imagine a 2x40:(the _ is the cursor i think??)

lcd 2.8 HIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWZXYA
_ xxx xxx

The alfabeth is then scrolling sideways!!, is it possible to get this look right!! some way??When i fx want to get it to show a titel in the dvd drive it will look strange on the vfd, I think. It has to be correct, i can not live with a almost solution, thanks for taking your time helping me :D

adam.klotblixt
April 3rd, 2004, 04:42 PM
You have 2 options to remedy your problem, none of them very simple...
1: get the source for the LCD-plugin and change some of the code to make 2x40 Futabas work. It shouldn't be too much work since only the length of the rows are different and the protocol is almost too simple ;) BUT you need to have visual C and knowledge to use it...
2: make some code to use the generic serial plugin, like I did in the example code. Just use longer rows.

klaus6542
April 4th, 2004, 07:17 AM
I will try to find somebody able to change the code in visual c or maybe learn it myselve, thanks