PDA

View Full Version : ATI DVD Player

Ron
October 13th, 2002, 04:55 PM
The capture window test button uses the captured "window handle" and Girder uses
the target facilities to find the window handle. So the problem might be in the targetting.

For the ATI stuff we have a different method off controlling you might want to try that.

JeffK
Is there any way I can use girder to access commands that are buried in menus without key equivalents? I would like to be able to use my Pronto to jump straight to the Audio and Subtitle menus

Unfortunately, ATI Player is like PowerDVD in that it uses a custom-drawn menu that traps mouse-clicks, instead of a standard Windows menu that generates WM_COMMAND messages, so you won't be able to do what you want easily. The only thing that might work is to send a right-click to the window, and then send arrow keystrokes to navigate to the command you want to execute. This would be pretty tedious to set up, and I'm not sure how well it would work.

BSchuler
Try this for Fast Forward:

Using send Message Plugin 1.51:

Message Number 1030
Wparm, etc.. all are 0

TARGET:
Only checkmark should be in MATCH INVISABLE TASKS, then checkmark NAME and CLASSNAME and enter the items below..
NAME: ATIGenericProxyWindow
CLASS NAME: ATIGenericProxyClass

See if this works, if so... I will tell you how to get the rest to work....

mday
I've installed the ATI DVD group on this forum and it's working great, but I'd like to control additional functions of the ATI player (ie Fast Forward, Reverse, Subtitles, etc). I'm having trouble getting them assigned to a command that works.

I can use the Capture window to record a left mouse on the fast forward button, for example, and the "Test Event" button works fine, but no matter how hard I try, I can't successfully get this event assigned to a command.

I've noticed that even with "SmartFill" checked, the target window isn't set properly (it's always set to a Girder window). Perhaps I'm misreading the help, but I expected this to automatically set the target window for me. I've also noticed that when I select the "ATIPanel" window class, there are no children in the selected task's child objects section of the target window.

So clearly I'm doing something wrong in trying to go from the captured event to the command. Does anyone see the error of my ways?

Thanks

mday
On 2001-07-08 17:14, RonB wrote:

For the ATI stuff we have a different method off controlling you might want to try that.

What is the "different method" you refer to?
I'm already using the genremctl.dll from ATI to control some aspects of the ATI player, but some controls like FF and subtitles aren't listed in the document ATI distributes. Is there yet another method that I'm not aware of, or a way of controlling these features via genremctl?

mday
I'm feeling pretty stupid, because as I look at the ATI documentation, it says that 1030 (6 + 1024) is "Fwd 10 seconds". I took this at face value, and didn't even consider that "Fwd 10 seconds" could mean "step through the fast forward speeds (2x,4x,8x)". So this mystery is solved.

Is there any way I can use girder to access commands that are buried in menus without key equivalents? I would like to be able to use my Pronto to jump straight to the Audio and Subtitle menus.

Thanks for all the help so far.