PDA

View Full Version : Girder & Anir Multimedia Magic working!!!!!

HappyPixie
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Glad you got it working.

Hope you enjoy Girder.

John

Yvonus
Controlling PowerDVD is quite hard because command capture doesn't work with the may Cyberlink is coding events.

And even keyboard shortcuts are, from my past experience (which is more than a couple monthes ago) non targetable. So, as you said, you're stuck with "Send to foreground window" which is slightly annoying as you can have side effect as soon as, for any reason, the focus goes out of PowerDVD :sad:

Could you send your export group for PowerDVD ? I haven't tried the one in the export group section of the site and I'm willing to take another plunge at controlling PowerDVD from my sofa :wink:

theguru
I don't suppose you have by any chance got the fast forward and rewind keys to work properly in PowerDVD?

More information is available at this Previous forum topic (http://www.girder.nl/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=349&forum=2&11). Basically when you press the F for Forward, or B for backwards keys, PowerDVD takes the response from girder and thinks it's been pressed multiple times. So Pressing F once from playing normally should go to 1.5x playback, but instead it skips through to 3x playback.

Thanks

Mastiff
Hi again!
All hail "King Igor" and the HappyPixie in Scotland! You can pour yourselves vodka and whisky - together you've saved my all problems! (Well, there's this little problem with the IRS that I don't think we've adressed yet, but I tink I'll try later - everything seems solveable here! :smile: )

Turned out that fiddling around not a little, but a lot, with the settings on all the plugins the HappyPixie suggested finally got me where I needed to be, which was in working condition. The right plugin for Anir Multimedia Magic is Igor Cesko's SFH-56 Device. And the right setting (apart from the comport, obviously, is input signal as DCD. Thank you very much, both of you, for helping a newbie to Girder (but not to computing, try 18 years in the field!) and making his day! :smile:

Mastiff
Yessir!
I've spent a couple of hours finding hidden keyboard shortcuts in PowerDVD and other programs. Everything in these programs can be done that way, you just need to go through the keyboard combinations to see what they do. Some of them gives very suprising and interesting results! :smile:

Mastiff
Actually I've got all of PowerDVD working (the last version), without any problems. What I cant seem to manage is to make Girder send a commando to a target. I have to send them to the program in focus (or whatever the expression is on the Target-window). Ifg you have problems, maybe you should increase the milliseconds Girder waits before it sends another commando?

Mastiff
I can try! First I gotta find out how to export (probably simple) and then I must find out where to put it. But beware: there may be some commandoes that are not standard in it.