PDA

View Full Version : Girder is great for games...

roberteyates
May 4th, 2003, 02:08 PM
It seems pretty simple, but maybe nobody has thought of it. Girder works great for games which require a complicated set of key presses to be used regularly. It is especially nice if you have only a little time in which to do this. I use it for Grand Theft Auto III to type in cheats while I'm driving with my PS2 gamepad and EMS USB adapter. I also use it for Silent Hunter 2 and Comanche 4. FOr example, I have a "Battle-Ready Take-off Button": my helicopter automatically takes off and hovers at 10 meters, raises its landing gear, opens the weapons bay, and acquires a target. I also use it for accessory functions with ZSNES.

I suppose if you were so inclined, you could play a game, maybe an RPG, from across the room

Ron
May 4th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Cool to hear this, normally controlling games doens't work because of DirectX issues, but this is definately nice!

roberteyates
May 4th, 2003, 11:11 PM
Yes, for some games it simply does not work. I think that 2 of them are Omikron: the Nomad Soul and Heavy Gear 2. Whether or not the games work does not seen to be dependent of the version of DirectX, as I employ like 3 different versions (all on separate partitions) under Windows XP. Also, the games that do work on XP often do not work on my brother's Windows ME PC with the same version of DirectX. Also, for pirated (abandonware, actually) games that use some sort of application to load the game and bypass security measures, it frequently doesn't work.