PDA

View Full Version : Huge Questions about girder

thebeen
July 23rd, 2003, 12:16 PM
All right guys, here are a few questions with some twists, so that's why I am asking them :D

1) Is there a way to move windows left or right on the windows desktop using commands that can be put into girder?

2) Is there a way to enable your onboard tv out using a single button on a remote. (I must go to display properties> advanced > output = tv/lcd in either clone or dual monitor mode)
- I was thinking of writing some kind of script file that will do all that and then you just call the button on the remote to run that script file. But I have absolutely no idea how to make that kind of script file (but will find out if it is possible)

- i also heard this may work (i am rebuilding my computer now and won't be able to test it for another 2 days)
From a source at nVidia:

rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,NvCycleDisplayDevice
Or
rundll32.exe NvCpl.dll,NvCycleDisplayDeviceEx

anyone can confirm that?

3) Finally, if the program that you are trying to control via girder is not actually on the harddrive, but is streamed onto the computer using Java VM, can you still use girder functions to control that program? This is the biggest question here....

THANKS!!

Mark F
July 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM
I can only try to answer 3. If the program accepts mouse or keyboard input (once it is running on the Windows desktop) then there is a very high probability that Girder can control it.

It pretty much depends on the run-time environment (the Java VM for Windows). If Girder can control other applications that work in that environment it should be able to control any of them.

The *best* answer is "try it and let the rest of us know the results". :D

thebeen
July 23rd, 2003, 12:28 PM
the other program that I can see working under a java vm is the aim expres client

However, I am not sure whether keyboard inputs are allowed, but I know for sure that mouse inputs are allowed as I must change channels and change to full screeen with vairous mouse clicks
the program i am using is
www.videofurnace.com

also, look at the update on question #2.....

BIG thanks for your help

thebeen
July 23rd, 2003, 12:39 PM
another update to this question that people might like

http://tvtool.info/english/home_e.shtml

if you have an nvidia based card..
i am guessing you can call up girder to just run tvtool and run that option to turn on the dual mode, etc..

Mark F
July 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
There is an exported Girder group for TVTool on the Exported Groups (http://www.girder.nl/exportgr.php) page of this site.

thebeen
July 23rd, 2003, 03:23 PM
excellent...question #2 is completely set then... for us nvidia people (ati and others need some work tho..it'll be helpful to get that rundll thing working..)

otherwise, what about question #1 especially...to move a window around...there must be a simply way...

Anyway, I found out that you can trigger the minimize all (and undo minimize) command by sending the following commands to explorer.exe

my targets is:
Class Name: Shell_TrayWnd
Executable: explorer.exe

by sending the command:
WParam: 419
Lparam: 0
you minimize all, and by sending the command:
WParam: 416
Lparam: 0
you undo the minimize.

something like that..but not minimizing --- but moving..

Mark F
July 25th, 2003, 05:28 AM
For question 1), have you tried the commands under the Window tab? Things like "Move window", "Move window relative" and "Center and Resize window"?

Stratyon
July 25th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Actually I'd like to get a different answer to the second question...
I tried using the TvTool program and it just messed up my computer.
It did sort of manage to switch between TV and monitor, but it was definitely not worth the huge problems it created...
So if there's a way to do it through the normal nVIDIA drivers it would be great...

nME
August 17th, 2003, 03:52 PM
I finally managed to make a group for switching clone modes. It was possible with first opening it up with "desk.cpl" then making the way to advanced window and settings there. After that one can use "Relative mouse movement" and then "Mouse click".