PDA

View Full Version : problem with winfast2000xp plugin

n99
July 31st, 2003, 04:41 PM
i have the winfast 2000xp deluxe and i can not get girder to pickup an ir signal. i then downloaded the plugin and followed the directions by putting the winfast file in the plugin directory of girder and then put the other files in the girder directory. i still could not find the plugin listed under the settings menu (i'm looking for something winfast). so then i added those other 3 files to the winnt directory (win2k), still no luck. any ideas?

JimHugh
July 31st, 2003, 04:54 PM
Verify the "Path to Plugins" setting in File | Settings - Plugins tab.

Also check the Auto Enable Input Device checkbox while you are there.

Make sure that you put it directly in the Plugins folder, not in the Plugins\Hardware folder.

Finally, select File | Enable Input Device(s) F9

n99
July 31st, 2003, 05:04 PM
i knew it was going to be something stupid, sorry for wasting your time. i have girder installed on another hd from an old installation and it was pointing to that dir for plugins. now it finds the ir signal fine. but everytime i start girder up it says:
"Old Plugin Found: <mydirectoryforgirder>\plugins\dtvdrv.dll , you downloaded the incorrect version make sure you get the girder 3.2 compatible version of this plugin."

i just downloaded the plugin yesterday, so i believe it's the newest version available. i am going to search the site for an answer to that followup problem, so if it's an obvious answer you don't have to waste your time answering it. thanks again.

*i tried downloading the Pixelview Pro plugin, but that did not help the problem. still searching for answer*

*i downloaded plugins released in 2k3 hoping they would be bundled with an updated version of dtvdrv.dll, but none of them were.*