PDA

View Full Version : Successfully Using the KeyboardEx Plugin

lxp
July 31st, 2003, 11:08 PM
Hi guys,

I downloaded Girder because I was sick to death of the slow software bundled with my Logitech Cordless Elite (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CONTENTID=5061) keyboard, and annoyed with the default functions with which Windows has graced certain buttons.

After doing a decent bit of research on these fine forums, I came across a plugin by the name of Keyboard Ex, by Mario Ivankovits. You can find it on the Plugins download page (http://www.girder.nl/plugins.php), or you can download it directly through this link (http://www.girder.nl/downloadn.php?Link=353).

The beauty of this plugin is that it allows you to block certain keys from the OS, leaving them for Girder to process. However, a couple of people have previously tried to configure this plugin successfully, and due to one reason or another, have failed. Here is the way I have set up the plugin — hopefully it will work for you too.

Edit: I should just add that I was using Girder v3.2.9 and Keyboard Ex v2.2 at the time.

The first step is to download and place the plugin in your Plugins directory. After that, load Girder, enter the ‘Plugins’ tab of the Settings dialog, and activate the plugin. Exit the Settings dialog by clicking ‘OK’.

Once you've done that, load up your Girder configuration file of choice.

You will now need to create a new command somewhere in your tree. I named mine ‘OS-Blocked Keys’. With this command, go to the Plugins tab, select ‘Keyboard driver’ and click ‘Settings’.

In the dialog box that shows up (titled ‘Keyboard Action Configuration’), you'll be entering the keys that you want Girder, and only Girder, to process. We do this by making sure the ‘Learn’ button is pressed down, pressing all of the keys that we want Girder to process, and then clicking ‘OK’.

After you've done that, you need to assign an event to this ‘OS-Blocked Keys’ command. Right click this command, and select ‘On Open Girder’. These keys you have just selected will now be blocked when you open Girder. (This is one thing that had a few users baffled — the plugin doesn't immediately block these keys.)

Before you then carry on configuring your keys, you need to select ‘OS-Blocked Keys’, and press F5 to ‘Test Command’. Otherwise, the keys will still be processed by the OS.

That's all there is to it! If anyone has any further questions, please post them up and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to Mario for this wonderful plugin, and to Ron for such a wonderful piece of software.

Best regards,
Alex

Edit: I've found that the plugin doesn't seem to want to block the ‘Stand By’ key on my keyboard, although I managed to remove its Standby functionality by going to Control Panel*> Power Options*> Advanced, and selecting ‘Do nothing’ for ‘When I press the sleep button on my computer’.

Draugluin
August 18th, 2003, 02:18 PM
This worked perfectly for me. Thank you!

lxp
September 4th, 2003, 07:25 PM
Hi guys,

You may find that even though you have followed the methods outlined above, some keys will refuse to give up their functionality, and you will either have them performing their original function in addition to what's defined in your Girder configuration, or instead of it.

In this case, if you're running Windows XP, there is hope! You might like to give Tweak UI (http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe) a try (part of the Microsoft PowerToys (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp) package).

After installing this software, open it and proceed to the Explorer*> Command Keys page. Hopefully the displayed list will contain the troublesome key, and you will be able to remove its ‘inbuilt’ functionality from there.

Thanks to IG Vasilich for reminding me to add this to the Tricks, Tips and Hints (http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5) page! :D

Cheers,
Alex

Wagner
October 2nd, 2003, 11:17 AM
Just a note, if you have the Logitech ITouch program open, girder will not receive the input from those buttons.

I've found that the plugin doesn't seem to want to block the ‘Stand By’ key on my keyboard, although I managed to remove its Standby functionality by going to Control Panel > Power Options > Advanced, and selecting ‘Do nothing’ for ‘When I press the sleep button on my computer’.

I'm using the corded elite keyboard. Along with the "Standby" button, I do not receive the "Messenger", "Webcam", "iTouch", and "Shopping" keys. Also, the F keys do not work when F-Lock is off. Do you have the same problem or is there something I need to do to get those working?

lxp
October 2nd, 2003, 11:23 AM
I'm using the corded elite keyboard. Along with the "Standby" button, I do not receive the "Messenger", "Webcam", "iTouch", and "Shopping" keys. Also, the F keys do not work when F-Lock is off. Do you have the same problem or is there something I need to do to get those working?
Hi Wagner,

You should find that once the iTouch software is removed from memory, the buttons should be able to be detected by Girder.

Cheers,
Alex

Wagner
October 2nd, 2003, 07:01 PM
I have access to most of the keys, its just those four that do nothing. I tried uninstalling iTouch, but it took the drivers with it and it seems the software had rewritten the windows inf files because the windows based drivers pointed to where the iTouch folder had been. Even after deleting everything i could find in the registry, it still did this.

Anyway, I can't access those keys on my desktop either, and I have never installed iTouch on that computer.

lxp
October 2nd, 2003, 08:07 PM
Hi Wagner,

If your only intent for Girder is to program your keys, then perhaps you would like to give the completely free Windows PowerPro (http://www.windowspowerpro.com/) a shot. Among its ability to add scripting functionality to any keyboard button/combination, it provides so much more, and you may find that you'll no longer live happily without it. :-)

I use PowerPro to hide and tray minimise certain windows, to automatically sort Explorer windows' contents, to resize file dialogues, to play CDs, as my shell, to give complex information a simple keystroke (e.g. `date to Friday, 3 October 2003), as my OSD, to handle certain windows, for lots of Win+key combinations, and to automatically change my wallpaper all the time.

But most importantly, I use PowerPro to map my Logitech keyboard's special keys, so that menus show up with related program items. This goes one step beyond Girder's functionality in that not only can it detect the key, but it can take more appropriate actions.

There's also a Yahoo! Group (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-pro/) to help out with any problems you may have.

I know that this now sounds like a plug for PowerPro*— my apologies! :D I'm just an extremely happy user.

Cheers,
Alex

Marsupial
October 3rd, 2003, 11:22 AM
I'm trying to install TweakUi, but I get

"The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

is taht an usual error?

lxp
October 3rd, 2003, 01:18 PM
I'm trying to install TweakUi, but I get

"The procedure entry point GetDllDirectoryW could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."

I remember also getting this exact error when I tried to install Tweak UI. I don't know how I ended up getting Tweak UI installed*– and I'm sorry that I can't provide an answer.

Just wanted you to know that it's happened before. :D

Cheers,
Alex

Melbourne, Australia

thracx
October 19th, 2003, 08:13 PM
I have a Microsoft Office keyboard, and Girder recognizes very few of the special buttons. I am working on a solution with KeyboardEx now, but no matter what Girder does not see the key events. I have tried closing the included application (type32.exe) with no success - in fact, Girder sees even fewer buttons with type32.exe unloaded. Do I need to completely uninstall the 'IntelliType' software to unload everything from memory?

If anybody has any quick solutions using Girder, I'd love to here them.

lxp
October 19th, 2003, 08:31 PM
I have tried closing the included application (type32.exe) with no success - in fact, Girder sees even fewer buttons with type32.exe unloaded. Do I need to completely uninstall the 'IntelliType' software to unload everything from memory?
It would be best to try totally uninstalling the IntelliType software, because there may be another process in memory that's hijacking the keys.

After that, Girder should be able to see most of your keys*— there will still be some that Windows is refusing to let you control, but they can be disabled using the Tweak UI PowerToy*— see above for more info on that.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Alex

thracx
October 19th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the Luck, but unfortunately I am having none... I uninstalled IntelliType and rebooted even, but alas Girder is not aware of ANY of my keyboard's 'special' buttons. When type32.exe was running, it Girder would see 4 of the buttons (Back, Foward, App Back, App Forward). Without it, it is as if they do not exist. It doesn't even see the Non-F-Locked F-keys.

I have the Keyboard and the KeyboardEx plugins loaded. I've tried 'Learn Event' from Girder and tried KeyboardEx's "Learn" to no avail.

I am using the keyboard as a USB keyboard now, and will try using a PS2 adapter for kicks, to see if that does anything. Also, I am running Aston, not explorer, so that may also be causing an issue. However, I'ved tried all of the above with and without Aston's kb support enabled.

If I find anything I will post it. In the meantime hopefully somebody else will have another idea..

thracx
October 19th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Eureka!!

Apparently Girder does not support USB Keyboards? I rebooted my computer with my USB-keyboard plugged into the kb PS2 socket via an adapter and now Girder can see ALL of the buttons on my keyboard (exclusing the 'wheel' scroll down, which I never use... although I have no idea why it DOES recognise the scroll up but now scroll down...).

lxp
October 19th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Girder can see ALL of the buttons on my keyboard (exclusing the 'wheel' scroll down, which I never use... although I have no idea why it DOES recognise the scroll up but now scroll down...).
Alarm bells went off in my head the moment you mentioned that your keyboard was plugged into a USB port!

On a similar note, Girder interprets scroll wheel movements on my Logitech Elite keyboard as up/down arrow presses, even though Logitech's iTouch software can indeed tell the difference between the two.

Cheers,
Alex

thracx
October 20th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I still wonder why it knows my Scroll Up but NOT my Scroll Down... strange... that's the ONLY thing that doesn't work on my keyboard now.

A quick question, if somebody knows the answer (since all my searchs are turning up fruitless), I want to issue a keystroke. This can be done using the keyboard tab for all normal charactors, such as G, A, T, s, q, g, etc. I would like to issue an F key - F2 in particular. My kb has an 'F lock' which means that every F key has two possibilities. I have customized this second tier, but would like to have F2 remain as F2 (I use Rename ALOT). This was the main reason why I ALSO had the F Lock on before, as I could never get used to NOT having my F2 rename shortcut. I could probably program another way to rename, but I'm accustomated to F2. Help? Thanks ahead of time!

lxp
October 20th, 2003, 12:16 AM
I want to issue a keystroke. This can be done using the keyboard tab for all normal charactors, such as G, A, T, s, q, g, etc. I would like to issue an F key - F2 in particular.
My version of Girder (v3.2) appears to include F2 as a key that can be simulated*(under Special Key) — but I'm guessing that you've tried it and it doesn't work due to F-Lock.

Have you tried ticking the ‘Alternative Proc.’ box?

I no longer use Girder so I can't help you any more than that, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
Alex

thracx
October 20th, 2003, 12:22 AM
Actually, for some stupid reason I did not see that....

However, it does not work for some reason... working on that now. But thank you very much!!! Such an (obvious..) lead will definately help in my search to issue an F2 when I push the non-F F2 key..

thracx
October 20th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Works - set it to F2 under Keyboard - Special Key, not using Alt. Proc with the target set to Foreground window.

For some reason Girder went on a crazy F2 sending frenzy and no matter what I tried to do, I would be renaming whatever I selected..... however, I manage to close Girder (which didn't save the changes) and the problem went away.

I reset it to F2 and it work now.. I think it must have been a Target issue, as before I had been fooling with that.

Thanks a bunch Ixp for helping me with such a stupid mistake..

tigerblade
October 22nd, 2003, 05:09 AM
2 things

first off i use to be able to hold windows key and hit space and then another key or soemthing but now i can only get one command through, as i have a program where win&space is play/pause etc, and i acn't just hold win to kepe toggling i have to let go and hit it again, its annoying, only happens when i enable keyboardEX

and also everytime i use the play pause feature for winamp, code is wparam 40046, it drops the MP3/wave volume to zero each time i hit it, with or without the keyboard plugin loaded

any ideas?
cheers

lxp
November 17th, 2003, 07:04 AM
i have a program where win&space is play/pause etc, and i acn't just hold win to kepe toggling i have to let go and hit it again, its annoying
I'm afraid I can't offer any advice for that one, but I must ask, is there any particular reason why you need to repeatedly play and pause? :D

everytime i use the play pause feature for winamp, code is wparam 40046, it drops the MP3/wave volume to zero each time i hit it, with or without the keyboard plugin loaded
It sounds like the 40046 is being sent to more than one window. It's important that the target for this message is set for the one Winamp window.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the late reply! :)

Cheers,
Alex

JcMarin
January 1st, 2004, 10:38 PM
Hi All

I'm bought a Logitech DiNovo and after doing a lot of research here and on the Logitech Forums I'm finally where I want with My Keyboard and Girder and I thought I would share my Experience here.

The problem I was having was that when the Logitech software (SetPoint) was enabled Girder did not see the Multimedia keys (Vol +/-, mute, media, play etc) and when I had SetPoint disabled Girder will not see the special function keys (F-Lock F1 to F12) and would also not distinguish between the Keyboard and the MediaPad Media Keys, I would also lose functionality of some of the mouse buttons and all functionality of the LCD Display on the MediaPad.

At the end I have managed to have SetPoint relinquish control to girder for all multimedia keys, maintain the MediaPad MediaKeys separate from the Keyboards Media Keys and still maintain SetPoint functionality for the Mouse and Special Function Keys.

Here is what you have to do: (remember to backup the files you edit first!)

Stop Setpoint, then Setpoint Maintains two xml files for its configuration regarding keys, 1. Is a file called default.xml in the SetPoint folder (usually c:\program files\Logitech\SetPoint\) the other one is user.xml and you will find it on (C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Logitech\SetPoint\). You have to edit both files to comment the parts where they describe the buttons you want the software to send directly to windows (and seen by Girder). You will find these definitions for both the Keyboard and the MediaPad sections.

So for instance in the case of the Media Button you will find something like this in the default.xml file: (Something similar in the user.xml file)

<!-- Button Name => MEDIA PLAYER
<Button Number="786819" Name="Media Player">
<PARAM Type="HOTKEY" IconLoc="media"/>
<Trigger Class="ButtonPress">
<PARAM Button="786819" LastButtonPress="0" Silent="0" FireUsageInterval="0"/>
<TriggerState Name="ButtonDownUp" HandlerSet="MediaPlayer" HandlerSetGroup="HotKeysMediaGroup"/>
</Trigger>
</Button>

Just add a comment tag start before this line (ej. <!-- start comment)
and a end comment tag after the </button> tag on the last line ( end comment --> )

After you restart the SetPoint software does button definitions you commented will have no functionality in setpoint sw but their scan codes will be sent directly to windows.

In my case I had all multimedia buttons in the Keyboard commented and now handle them through Girder (and the KeyboardEx plug-in as described in this topic) and left the MediaKey on the Media Pad set through SetPoint Sw to keep them different. (I’m using the MediaCircle keys on the Keyboard as a very crude Mouse). I also assigned Key Codes through SetPoint to all the Special or Enhanced Function Keys (I did Alt-Ctrl-F1 for F-F1 for instance) and process them through Girder as well.

Hope this helps someone with the keyboard (I’m sure it would work with other Logitech Keyboards using SetPoint as well!)

Now if I could only sent Messages to the LCD Display on the MediaPad through a Girder Plug-in !!! Any Plug-in Guru here wants to give it a try :D

Promixis
January 2nd, 2004, 06:02 PM
You can try the LCD Plugin.....

Mike

ParallaxTZ
January 7th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Um, I'd like to note, if anyone is buying a new keyboard and plans on using Girder, the Logitech Cordless Elite Keyboard works perfectly. All the media and F-keys (both sets, w/ and w/o F-lock) are able to be mapped (with KeyboardEx) and blocked from windows (also with KeyboardEx) using the first post's instructions. Alas, what seems to plague all the "internet" series of Logitech keyboards still plagues this one -- the scroll wheel still is just sending the arrow keys' scancodes.

Promixis
January 7th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Is that the blue tooth version of the keyboard?

Mike

tigerblade
January 14th, 2004, 11:25 PM
in regards to the volume dropping, it seems to be fixed when i use syscommand instead of command

Fredrick Freekowtski
March 9th, 2004, 12:54 PM
i got the logitech cordless desktop (ps2-version) and almost everything seems to work. well, the scrollwheel on the left doesn't work (same problem as stated before in this topic) - but i got the power management key to work somewhat.
here's what i did:

1. i blocked the key with keyboardex (the computer goes into standby while keyboardex learns the key)
2. then i selected "do nothing" on pressing powermanagement key (windows powermanagement settings)
3. that's it!

i noticed one really weird thing: the key seems to have some kind of timer. i set up a multigroup with 2 commands (move mouse left & move mouse right... just for testing purposes) & 2 states. then i mapped the powermanagement-key to it.
now--- when i first press the key, the mouse moves like it's supposed to. but when i press it again within about 4 seconds nothing happens. if i wait a few seconds longer than the first time and try it again it works.

er..... what's up with that? can anyone reproduce this? or am i doing something wrong here? :o

CodeX
March 19th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the posts in this thread that gave me a really great start. I managed to get all the keys on my keyboard to work (including Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Scroll Pressed, Standby, iTouch, and Shopping). I used Tweak UI, Keyboard Ex and a registry hack.

NOTE: if you are not comfortable with hacking the registry, don't try this.

Logitech uses "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwar eInfo\1D" to store mappings from keys to "Logitech Functions". Fortunately, one of these functions simulates a keystroke. Using this function, you can assign any scan code and virtual key to each key. The scan codes are available from here http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/1/161ba512-40e2-4cc9-843a-923143f3456c/translate.pdf. The virtual key codes are available here http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/winui/WinUI/WindowsUserInterface/UserInput/VirtualKeyCodes.asp.

Here is a sample registry section:

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\2&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\2\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;016c0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b4
"Modifier"=dword&#58;00000000
"UserName"="E-Mail"
"DisplayName"=""

LParam is the scancode:
01 -> extended key
6c -> extended scan code from above translate.pdf

VirtualKey is the virtual key from VirtualKeyCodes.asp.

I'll post a separate message containing a complete reg file. This reg file will wipe out all your iTouch key settings. Use it at your own risk.

After updating the registry, you'll need to restart iTouch.

Note that this solution doesn't free you from running iTouch, but since I have a cordless keyboard, I needed the Secure Mode and Battery Status features of iTouch anyway.

If somebody would like an explanation of how I found this, just ask. It wasn't too hard.

:D

CodeX
March 19th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\1&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\1\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01320001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000ac
"UserName"="My Home"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\2&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\2\703&#93;
"UserName"="E-Mail"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\4&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\4\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01650001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000aa
"UserName"="Search"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\6&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\6\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01680001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000a9
"UserName"="Community"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\7&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\7\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01670001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000a8
"UserName"="Finance"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\8&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\8\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;015d0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000ba
"UserName"="My Sites"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\9&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\9\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01660001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000ab
"UserName"="Favorites"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\10&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\10\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01210001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b7
"UserName"="Shopping"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\11&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\11\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;016b0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b6
"UserName"="iTouch"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\100&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\100\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;016d0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b5
"UserName"="Media Key"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\101&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\101\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01100001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b1
"UserName"="Previous Track"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\102&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\102\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01190001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b0
"UserName"="Next Track"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\103&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\103\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01220001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b3
"UserName"="Play/Pause"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\104&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\104\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01240001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000b2
"UserName"="Stop"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\106&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\106\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01200001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000ad
"UserName"="Mute"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\107&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\107\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01300001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000af
"UserName"="Volume Up"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\108&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\108\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;012e0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000ae
"UserName"="Volume Down"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\200&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\200\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;005d0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;0000007c
"UserName"="Scroll Up"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\201&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\201\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;005e0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;0000007d
"UserName"="Scroll Down"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\202&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\202\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;005f0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;0000007e
"UserName"="Scroll Press"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\203&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\203\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01690001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000a7
"UserName"="Go"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\204&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\204\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;016a0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000a6
"UserName"="Back"
"DisplayName"=""

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\700&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\700\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;015f0001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;0000005f
"UserName"="Suspend"
"DisplayName"=""

Promixis
March 19th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Thanks Codex!

Jantle
April 20th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I still wonder why it knows my Scroll Up but NOT my Scroll Down... strange... that's the ONLY thing that doesn't work on my keyboard now.

thats because th scrollwheel does not behave like normal keys
normal keys send at least 2 scancodes:
- first , when key is pressed, normal scancode
- optional, when holding down the key, the same scancode is send with 'repeat'-flag set
- last , when releasing key, the same scancode with 'release'-flag set.

for not to create two events with every pressed key, the last scancode, when releasing key sems to be ignored by the keyboad plugin.

unfortunately the scrollwheel uses the 'release'-flag for indicating wether it is scrolled up or down:
scroll up first : normal scancode
scroll down: same scancode as scroll up, but with 'release'flag set, which keyboard-plugin ignores...

same Problem with my keyboard. :(

thracx
April 20th, 2004, 01:31 PM

thats because th scrollwheel does not behave like normal keys
normal keys send at least 2 scancodes:
- first , when key is pressed, normal scancode
- optional, when holding down the key, the same scancode is send with 'repeat'-flag set
- last , when releasing key, the same scancode with 'release'-flag set.

for not to create two events with every pressed key, the last scancode, when releasing key sems to be ignored by the keyboad plugin.

unfortunately the scrollwheel uses the 'release'-flag for indicating wether it is scrolled up or down:
scroll up first : normal scancode
scroll down: same scancode as scroll up, but with 'release'flag set, which keyboard-plugin ignores...

same Problem with my keyboard. :(

Ahh, that makes sense, thanks! Perhaps one day the plugin will work for this, but I suppose that's a long short concidering the non-standard operation on this wheel.

Wabiloo
July 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Thanks for all the posts in this thread that gave me a really great start. I managed to get all the keys on my keyboard to work (including Scroll Up, Scroll Down, Scroll Pressed, Standby, iTouch, and Shopping). I used Tweak UI, Keyboard Ex and a registry hack.

Well, I've tried, to no avail...

Here is a sample registry section:

"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

"UserName"="E-Mail"
"DisplayName"=""

Well, I've decided to start with one key, the "Finance" one.
I therefore copied the relevant section from your registry file, that is:

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\7&#93;
"Current"="Function"
"Function"="703"

&#91;HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Logitech\iTouch\Hardwa reInfo\1D\KeyboardLayout\7\703&#93;
"LParam"=dword&#58;01670001
"VirtualKey"=dword&#58;000000a8
"UserName"="Finance"
"DisplayName"=""

Which I understand remaps the Logitech Finances key to the "Refresh browser" virtual key.
I put this in the registry, killed iTouch, reloaded it, and nicely enough, the menu I had attached to that key previously is not there anymore, while all other keys work as before.

I then go in TweakUI and assign "Do nothing" to the "Refresh browser" key.

In girder, I then try to assign that key to a command (an OSD one).
However, girder still can't learn that key :-( The light doesn't flash when I depress the Finance key...

Why? oh why? Cruel world!
Any advice please?

October 26th, 2006, 01:50 PM
thanx lots, CodeX :D finally got my media keys working the right way
1 problem left: the "user" key on my logitech elite keyboard. if pressed, itouch switchs to the windows logon screen, without logging the user off, but the method used to do so isn't like the windows fast-user-switch function.
however, i want this key to work like as if itouch was not active - it then is used by windows like a standard sleep-button.
now, if i do your registry hack above, just nothing happenz when i press that key :-?

xcuse my bad english
greez from switzerland

dalanik
November 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Hey guys, I just want to thank all of you for this, just saved me after 3 day s of googlinga around how to map DiNovo media keys to Girder in order to use 'em in XLobby! This is great!!!

Just to mention that I couldn't find anything mentioning keys in the default.xml only in user.xml, probably because of newer logitech software...

Thanx anyway, this was most helpful!

Dalibor