PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to toggle program key sets?

killmail123
August 2nd, 2003, 03:14 AM
I am using a x10 ati remote and have been using girder happily with it. What I am wondering is if it is possible to toggle different sets of events for different programs with a few buttons. sorry if that was confusing, an example might clarify.

I want to do something like many tv remote have, such as a tv button, a vcr button and a dvd button. Put in an overly simplistic scenario, would it be possible to assign the "A" button for winamp fnctions and the "B" button for tv functions, so if i push A, the other buttons on the remote would only work with winamp, then if i pushed B the buttons would have entirely different effects in my TV program? Often I have both programs running at the same time, and would like to be able to control each individually, even when they are not in focus.

I was thinking that maybe this could be accomplished by setting buttons to load different GML files in girder, but was wondering if there was an easier way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance

glorydog
August 2nd, 2003, 08:29 AM
There are many ways to do this. You could make commands to enable one and disable the others tied to an eventstring. The Group enable funtion is not hard to find. You need to spend some time with the program and browse this forum to really use Girder. Regards,
Glorydog

killmail123
August 3rd, 2003, 10:36 PM
thanks for the suggestion