PDA

View Full Version : Same IR Code on diferent buttons

playflash
August 6th, 2003, 04:24 AM
I bought a emitter and a receiver few days ago.
They work well on their original software.
But I have a problem using them on Girder.
I have tried many setting on it, including "port speed", "bit number", "stop bit" and "IR Speed".
I also tried my TV remoter.
But Girder alway shows one or two values it captured when I push different buttons.
And Girder alway tells me the initialization is faild after I press F9.
So, I have to set the plugin "Skip Init".

When using my mobile phone as IR emitter, Girder will receive a diferent value, not the same as value captured from TV remoter and my emitter.

How can I work out of this? Do I need to write a dll for this?
Any help would be appreciated. And sorry for my poor English.

JimHugh
August 6th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Welcome to Girder!

Please state the type/brand of hardware and which plugin you are using.

Some IR protocols DO send two different codes for the same button, the first code is treated by some AV equipment as the initial command and subsequent presses by the same button as repeats.

If you always get the same two codes, you can just add them both as event strings for the same command.

As far as your phone goes, it is probably also configured with a different protocol as well. Again you can just add an additional event string to the command you want to execute.

playflash
August 6th, 2003, 11:58 PM
Thank you for your reply.

I apologized that I have not stated the problem clearly.

The matter is that every button gets the same IR code.

When I push "play" button, Girder show a HEX code FF6F, and then I push "next" button, Girder also show FF6F, other buttons will show get the same result.

Sometimes the code FF6F will changes to 2F6E.
If I change the setting, FF6F and 2F6E will both change to another two value.

I have tried the plugin "Silitek" and "UIR/IRman/IRA/CTInfra...." in Girder 3.2
I also tried a software name "SerialWatch", which show all the data received from comport.
http://sms.wx-e.com/SerialWatcher.zip (135K)

Unfortunately, the result is the same.

I think the plugin can not decode the singal it received.
What confuse me is the original software of my remoter work well, and other softwares do not.

The hareware brand is Hero, which I think you have never heard of it.
The software in the CD can control it's own media player.

I need your further help, thanks.

JimHugh
August 7th, 2003, 08:53 AM
You are correct, I had not heard of the Hero remote.

I did do some searching and came across http://www.heroelec.co.uk/remotecontrol.htm

Perhaps contacting them might lead you in the right direction in terms of protocol definitions.

I use the USB-UIRT from http://home.earthlink.net/~jrhees/USBUIRT/index.htm

playflash
August 7th, 2003, 10:11 PM
Thank you for your continuous and kindly help.

I will work on it for a period of time. And I will come back to tell you the good news as soon as I get the answer.

Again, thank you!

miked
August 12th, 2003, 12:27 AM
I somewhat had the same problem with a DirecTV Tivo remote with IRMan. Of course, first make sure that everything initializes OK in Girder. However, what I noticed is that I have to have the COM Port running at the highest speed possible (115-something) for the remote codes to come through reliably. Even then, when I'm programming, I make sure that I press the remote very close to the IR Man window.

playflash
August 12th, 2003, 11:16 PM
I have found the key to my problem.
I opened up the receiver box, and found that my hardware is a simple and cheat one, which is somewhat the same as Igor SFH-56 device.
The diference is that Igor SFH-56 device transfers singnals by comport 6(DSR), while my receiver deos by comport 2(RXD).
I did little change to the comport connector, enable it transfer data by both pins.
And then my receiver works well.

Miked, make sure the pin of your device, which is transferring singals, is the same as the plugin device.