PDA

View Full Version : Winamp 3 (Girder is forwarding 4 tracks at once)

Klombe
August 7th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Hello Guys,

I hope you can understand all of my sentences in English...
So now I`m going tol tell you my problem:

I want to use my IR to switch between Winamp tracks. For that thing I use the hotkeys b (next) and y (last track). I told Girder to make that by using the keyboard. So, that works better than the switching with the Learn-function. But there is a problem: Everytime I press the next key or the back key, Girder switches 4 tracks at once!!! Even increasing the Antirepeattime up to 4 seconds doesn`t help... So what can I do? If I press b or y on my keyboard Winamp switches only one track.

Thanks for reading and helping...

Klombe

JimHugh
August 7th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Even increasing the Antirepeattime up to 4 seconds doesn`t help

Are you sure that it is set to 4 seconds?

The Antirepeat wait setting box is in milliseconds (ms). It is also set on a command by command basis, so it needs to be set separately for all appropriate commands.

So 4 seconds would be a value of 4000!

I typically start at 100ms and work my way up from there depending on the remote control.

Klombe
August 7th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Hi,

I`m sure, that I configured it to 4 seconds... My English is not the best, but Maths is ok...

Klombe

Palladium
September 18th, 2003, 04:05 AM
If this is win amp 3, you should use the winamp 3 plugin for best results. It is what I use, and it works very well and does what you are asking for :)

if you insist on using the keyboard method, make certain you check what case you have the sentance in, if you have the shift/control/alt boxes checked, and alternative proc as well.. Play around with them a little.
Also, I might be mistaken, but see if you have more than one of the same event learned
check your targeting and everything, play around with it and whatnot.. if it still does not work and you do not find a solution, you may need to give more info