PDA

View Full Version : Help on writing LUA-Scripts, parallel port input

ALUBUNDY
August 11th, 2003, 05:55 AM
Hello,

im a newbie in this forum und in using girder.
Im impressed of that great programm and its many possibilities.
:D (sorry about my bad english, but i'm from germany and i don't often
write topics in english)
I want to use girder for controlling windows by the 5 status bits of the
parallel port. I built a 20 keys matrix keypad with an encoder IC. The IC gives out a 5 bit matrix (e.g. 10110) at the 5 status ports.
I tried to use the plugin "parallel.dll" from Mark F. to recognize the parallel input but it only detects if one bit is inverted and so it's not possible for me to use it.
:cry: The I saw that you can use LUA to make scripts. I read the tutorials but I don't understand how to use it with girder.
I read a lot of topics in this forum but I didn't found the explanations what I need.
I found the LUAPortIO-plugin and I think i can use it to solve my problem.
But I dont know how to write these scripts (editor ?) and howto use and implement it into girder.
Maybe I'm to stupid. I'm not a crack in programming so perhaps anybody
could tell me some basics.

Thank you. Sorry for this trivial questions.

Mark F
August 11th, 2003, 08:41 AM
What if the parallel port plugin was changed to (optionally) output a byte event instead of individual bit events? Would that solve the problem? ;)

ALUBUNDY
August 11th, 2003, 09:09 AM
Thanks for your answer.

I think it could solve my problem. :D
With detecting the changing of the whole Byte at the status port (or for other applications at the Data-Port) its possible to get 256 actions (at the
data port) or 32 actions at the status-port (3 bits at the status-ports are unused).
Is this possible with the actual plugin? I didn't saw that in the configuration of the parallel-plugin.

AL

Mark F
August 11th, 2003, 09:25 AM
It is not possible with the current plugin; however, I can add this pretty easily. I hope to have an updated plugin for you after work tonight. :)

ALUBUNDY
August 11th, 2003, 09:36 AM
Hello Mark F

thanks a lot. If you can do this i will be very happy and since
:D some days i 'll sleep very good this night. (The last nights i tried to get a
solution for my problems.....).
If somebody needs some informations about the matrix-keypad, IC and
wiring. Post a message.

See you tomorrow :D

AL

Mark F
August 12th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Give Parallel 2.1 (http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/girderplugins/parallel.2.1.zip?download) a try and let me know if it does what you want.

Thanks. :)

ALUBUNDY
August 12th, 2003, 06:51 AM
Hi,

thanks a lot.
I'll try it this evening after work and give a reply tomorrow if it's working.

AL

ALUBUNDY
August 12th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Hi Mark

you did a great job !!! :D :D :D
It works perfekt!
Thank you very much.

You are the greatest !! :wink:

A very happy AL

Mark F
August 12th, 2003, 01:52 PM
I'm glad you like it. :)

I don't have a set of switches attached to a parallel port so I wrote the code and you did all the testing. (Thanks, by the way. ;) )

I'll get a copy of the plugin URL to Ron (to update the plugin download page) when I get a chance at home.

Enjoy. :)