PDA

View Full Version : Same button for two things

nME
August 16th, 2003, 04:34 PM
In IRassistant there is a coomand that makes it possible to use the same button for multiple purposes. When I press button "1", group "One" shold be active and when I press "2", group "Two" should be active. The button "Play" sends commands to both groups.
What I want is to use "Play" to send diffrent commands depending on which group-button ("1" or "2") is pressed the latest.

Also, I want to have two-button command. If i press "A" and then "B" within a set number of seconds something happens, but nothing (or something different) should happen if I only press one of the buttons or press "B" after the time is up.

Can somebody help me?
Thanks

nME
August 16th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Finally I found a solution for the first of my questions in another thread. There they were talking about myHTPC and TaskCreate. What is that?

Mark F
August 16th, 2003, 07:09 PM
MyHTPC is a pretty front end for the PC when you use it as a Home Theater PC (like a Mecia Center PC).

TaksCreate is a plugin that comes with the standard Girder distribution. It sends events when a task (a program) starts or stops.

There are many ways to do modal things in Girder. IE. when in DVD mode send the play to WinDVD and when in MP3 mode, send Play to MP3xTrEmE. Some people define a group of always active commands and a group of commands for each mode. When one of the global keys is pressed, it enables one of the specific key groups and disables the rest. This isn't too hard but is time consuming to set up.

For the other part, look at the numbuilder plugin (part of the standard distribution) and the NumBuilder.gml that is available in the help directory.

I hope this helps. :)

Mark F
August 17th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Here is another thread (http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3836) where someone is using the states of Girder to execute one of three commands in a multigroup. Maybe it will help?