PDA

View Full Version : How to switch between applications ie alt tabbing

mattman
August 27th, 2003, 05:21 PM
I have looked and looked and can't see how to specifically toggle backwards and forwards between two apps.

I have Digiguide and Showshifter running, sometimes other apps as well, and can use an alt tab command to flick between them but I would like to be able to specifically bring one app to the foreground rather than just using alt tab which relies on the apps being in the correct order.

I have tried the focus command but showshifter sits on top of Digiguide even though Digiguide has the window focus.

Thoughts anyone?

JimHugh
August 27th, 2003, 08:35 PM
You can create a command that uses the OS | TaskSwitcher that allows you to emulate the Alt-Tab command.

I have a command set that uses OS | TaskSwitcher that allows me to press the remote key multiple times. If I don't press it again after a couple of seconds, the Taskswitcher selects that last selected application.

You can also use the Window | Setfocus command with an appropriate predefined target to bring a specific application to the foreground.

Depending on how the application lost focus, you may need a multigroup to do a Window | Restore and/or Window | Maximize with the same appropriate target.

mattman
August 27th, 2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I have played with set focus already and whilst the focus shifts digiguide remains in the background with an unfocussed showshifter sitting on top of it :-(

That's why I played with alt tab, that works but isn't specific enough for me.

Any other thoughts anyone?

Cheers
Matt.

Youbecha
September 18th, 2003, 10:38 AM
I have a command set that uses OS | TaskSwitcher that allows me to press the remote key multiple times. If I don't press it again after a couple of seconds, the Taskswitcher selects that last selected application.

Would you mine posting an example of this...I figured out the TaskSwitcher part, but I would like to see the rest of the command set.

Thanks.