PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to get winamp 2.91 working with girder, what do I do

Punkrulz
September 5th, 2003, 01:49 AM
Hey guys,

I'm obviously a newb, but I have read over the FAQ as well as some guides, but they do not help me at all. I am hoping that one person, maybe a few if need be, can give me the exact process I can use in order to accomplish this. I am trying to get Winamp 2.91 so that I can use my remote that came with my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum, so I can change songs back and forth and the such... I do understand that Girder is a difficult program, but I am good at following steps as long as they match up with what I see.

Yes, I am a newb, hehe.

But can someone please help me? This is really the only use I can find with my remote / Girder... one other use involving my LCD Screen, but one thing at a time.

Thanks!

-Punk

Mark F
September 5th, 2003, 06:14 AM
I can't tell from your post what you already have working so ...

First, you need to get your remote control working with Girder. There are plugins in the download section of this board that might be able to help you do this. One in particular (Creative Remote (http://www.girder.nl/downloadn.php?Link=396)) claims to work with Audigy.

Second, you need to make Girder control your applicaiton (WinAMP 2.91). There are exported control groups on the exported groups page for a few versions of WinAMP. There are also MANY threads on this board about WinAMP (a search found ~32 PAGES of hits).

If you get these items and cannot figure out how to put them together, please look through some of the previous threads and ask more specific questions.

I don't use WinAMP (or any other media player) so I don't know if I can help with the details.

black
September 5th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Just download from Exported groups (http://www.girder.nl/exportgr.php)
Winamp [FULL] 2.x August 01 2001 Mike Hineline group.
When import it, and learn events for you remote.

Punkrulz
September 6th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Welp I've basically given up. I can't find a damned thing that's useful that teaches me how to use it. The Girder help jumps around and really isn't specific, it doesn't help me create what I want to create, and I DON'T know what to do. That's plain and simple. I do understand that this is a hard program, but I'm really horrible at trying to learn something on my own, something that I don't comprehend and the help doesn't show me what I need. I am posting what I want done, and hopefully someone can steer me in the RIGHT direction, even if it is the exact process on how to get ONE command down, I can probably find it from there, at least it's a start.

I have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Remote. I have the plugin installed I believe, but for some reason I can't find it in girder. In any case, I know that once I enabled the remote for Girder, it was able to pick up requests from the different buttons. Here is what I want to be able to do.

I want to be able to hit the next track he in order to send my next track in Winamp. Same goes for previous track, play, and stop. Fast Forward and Reverse I am not all that worried about at the moment. I also want to be able to make it so that I can scroll through the playlist using the up & down keys on the remote, and then being able to hit play to run them. I want to be able to bind a key so that I can enable and disable shuffle.

My patience is really high when I am getting help from other users, but it's really low when I try teaching myself something. It's a flaw, either I'll get distracted because it's the last thing I want to do, or better yet it will give me a headache and that will 100% deter me from even trying to learn it. I've been screwing with the program for 7 hours straight so far, and have come up with nothing. I've downloaded the group that the one person suggested, but when I go to import the commands, what's it do? Squat. It isn't seeing them as a commands file. I did just as the read me told me.

So please, can someone just help me out? Just show me one command at the least, the rest theoretically should be the same exact process. *Sighs*

If need be you can contact me by:

email - dan@punkrulz.com
aim - punkrulz 24
icq - 58920607

Please, this is all I want to try and get learning, because I admit failure in learning this myself. *Sighs*

Punkrulz
September 7th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Ok got the right Winamp download this time {must have done the 3.0 version previously}. Now I'm trying to go through, and no, I don't understand much of it. I guess I'm supposed to apply a target to focuswindow() ?