PDA

View Full Version : Access to Windows Media Player 9's playlists

servertech (Peter)
September 6th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Hello,

I don't know if anyone else has come across this (I searched for an answer and didn't find anything) so I thought I would post this in case it helps someone else.

I wanted to start various Windows Media Player 9.0's playlists based on numbers with my turtlebeach remote control. I discovered I could do an EXECUTE of wmplayer.exe with "/playlist MyPlayListName" but that only worked with playlists I created.

Then I discovered that I could send a command to fire off any of the playlists (including autogenerated ones) using:

Add Command (rename "Quick Access Panel")
- COMMAND: Left Click (WParam=0, LParam=4980815)
- TARGET:
Name: Windows Media Player
Class Name: WMPlayerApp
Executable: wmplayer.exe
Child Name: WMPAppHost
Child Class: WMPAppHost

Add Command (rename "All Music") <-- Example to do "All Music" playlist
- KEYBOARD: sentence "m" using Alternative proc.
- TARGET:

Hope this helps anyone looking for playlist control.
Peter.

Haddood
January 28th, 2004, 03:12 AM
Hi
i got it working with all music, but how can you lunch a specif play list, like "Jazz"

Haddood
February 14th, 2004, 02:55 PM
i found that you can pass a command line parameter to WMP to play a play list including "Auto Plylists" ex:
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe /Playlist "Fresh Tracks"
so if you want to change the play list, close WMP by sending it a "window>close" from girder then lunch it again with command line play list ...

PS: add /Task NowPlaying to open it inow playing mode ...

put the parameters in "step size" box in the "O.S. > Execute"

8)

keych
April 23rd, 2004, 04:49 PM
under os execute, browse to your playlists and select all files, then select your playlist. as long as in windows it can link the *.wpl file to media player, it will play them, even if media player is open.

playlists including auto ones, are normally stored in my playlists wherever you have set to record from cd's to

ck

Merovingian
May 1st, 2004, 02:47 PM
the command works"Add Command (rename "Quick Access Panel")
- COMMAND: Left Click (WParam=0, LParam=4980815)
- TARGET:
Child Name: WMPAppHost
Child Class: WMPAppHost"

BUT
the window which appears then in the upper left corner is not on top! so when i then push "up" or "down" an icon on my desktop is chosen, but no bar in the playlist window moves! what can I do?
thank you in advance

SORRY: forgot targetting!! it works now, but why did it not without targetting?