PDA

View Full Version : Connecting UIRT2 to amplifier via IR ports?

vynce
September 29th, 2003, 07:29 PM
I have an integrated amplifier that has IR Input and Output jacks on that back. The manual doesn't say much - just that a Xantech (or similar) IR repeater can be connected to the IR Input jack. I'm not sure what the IR Output does, but it seems like it just relays any IR that the amp receives.

So, I want to connect one of the IR output jacks on my UIRT2 to the IR input jack on the amp.

Based on this information can anyone give me any tips? I have got no idea about the wiring or voltage requirements of Xantech stuff. mjcumming said that he used an IR Linc to connect his UIRT2 to a Xantech distribution system here: http://www.girder.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2535. Perhaps one of those will work in this case as well?

vynce
September 30th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Ok, well I figured it out by playing around with it. Here is what I came up with:

UIRT2 IR Transmitter
Tip 5V (with respect to ground)
Ring Data Out
Sleeve Ground

The ground connection isn't really needed. The data signal is produced between the ring and the tip.

Xantech compatible IR Input on Amp
Tip Ground (?)
Ring Unconnected (?)
Sleeve Data In (?)

Connections
UIRT2 Tip -> Amp Tip
UIRT2 Ring -> Amp Sleeve

It works with codes learnt directly from the amp remote. I set the repeat to 1 and it works with any carrier frequency.