PDA

View Full Version : UIRT on PIC16F628

AdminZ
October 11th, 2003, 12:20 AM
It is required to replace only PIC16F84 on PIC16F628. New firmware based on firmware 1.8 by Jon Rhees. In him(it) it will be added timer for power up computer. With little changes PCB and support hardware UART. Addition of new service functions is in the long term possible. The most part of work is already done, but for the lack of support of the author original firmware work moves ahead slowly. The good debugger is necessary for good understanding of work original firmware, for example ROMzap. If who can help me with purchase ROMzap or to render any other help in development of this project communicate with me, please.
Sorry for my bad Eanglish, I'm speak Russian.

Bitmonster
October 11th, 2003, 08:28 AM
I thought of this some time ago also. The 628 offers much more for less money. But I came to the conclusion, that it's much to much work to disassemble the hex completly. Also one great benefit of the 628 would be the use of the internal PWM to get 56kHz support, but the old protocol won't allow this so the plugin has to be updated also.

So it seems to be easier to start from the beginning with the 628.

Or (and that's more the thing I currently interested in) use the Atmel AT8mega to get USB support and some more thing for cheap:
http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB_RS232/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)%20RS232_eng.htm

AdminZ
October 13th, 2003, 08:23 PM
After I shall understand this project, probably I shall engage in the device on chip ATMEL. But all over again it is necessary to complete the first business, and then already to undertake the second. The real help with purchase ROMzap is at present necessary for me what finally to understand firmware by Jon Rhees.