PDA

View Full Version : RC5 code

Bella
October 25th, 2003, 01:51 AM
What is RC5 code?

Bitmonster
October 25th, 2003, 07:28 AM
RC5 is a IR-coding scheme invented and used by Philips.

It's the best documented IR-code, so you will find many sites on the web describing the exact protocol and timing.

Bella
October 25th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks for your reply. I need another help.

I have been assigned a project (software part) - wireless presentation mouse.
It consists of
1. Transmitter.
2. Receiver.
Major Parts:
-------------
Transmitter
--------------
(Infrared Emitter, Encoder Microcontroller, Laser Pointer, Battery)
Receiver
----------
(Infrared receiver, Decoder Microcontroller, USB connector)

What are neccessary to be coded (driver or firmware) regarding this project?.

I think, I have to code firmware in the transmitter and the receiver part. Firmware in the transmitter part encode the signals and transmit through the IR transmitter. Firmware in the receiver part receive the siganls and decode the signals. Am I correct?.

Please give some suggestions on this.

Thanks in advance.

Bitmonster
October 25th, 2003, 11:10 PM
This isn't a simple project and there are already many presentation devices out there. Most of them don't use IR as this would limit the usability to much. RF is much better for this purpose.

I really don't understand your question quite good.

If you want to invent such USB device, you have to code the firmware for the transmitter and also for the receiver of course. There aren't to many USB-microcontrollers on the market and you also have to supply a appropriate (Windows) driver for your device.

But all of this is obvious, so I'm a little confused why a (professional?) inventor asks such questions.

Bella
October 26th, 2003, 02:06 AM
Is there a sample firmware code available for encoding the signals and transmit through the IR emitter. Please give me the related link.

microJean
November 20th, 2003, 04:35 AM
What microcontroller do you use?