PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Igor Plug.... different codes on same button!!!



Cr4sH
November 18th, 2003, 04:58 AM
I have Girder 3.2.9
the latest Igor plug
and I'm running Windows XP

Girder is recieving about 10 codes on each button and the most of them are the same for each button,
I had been able to solve this problem twice by setting the command order in the Igorplug settings to a higher level,
but it was weird because when I changed them at first, nothing happened even after a restart.
It started to work after I accidentally unplugged my PC and then started it again, then girder received different codes for each button, until I restarted my PC,
then it messed up again, the settings were the same but the problem was back.
The second time I was able to solve the problem was by overwriting the new Igorplug with an older version, And again, it worked until the next restart.
Now I can't manage to do anything.
I have a 100% igorplug compatible Ir receiver.
I think that maybe it could be a problem with running Girder with the plug under Windows XP.
Maybe XP is doing something with the COM1 port, sending, listening or something like it.

Can anybody help? Maybe you had the same problem?

TBD
November 18th, 2003, 07:30 AM
i use the Girder 3.2.9, Igor 1.09, WinXP,no changes to the default Igor settings and it works perfectly.

things to try:
* tried using a different remote ?
* clean XP install, no other devices attached ?

another weird thing
the only problem that I have is that if I close Girder with the X on the titlebar it hangs the system (only exit is by pressing the reset button). same problem if I use X icon on the variable window.

i will try to narrow the problem to see if it is Girder or a Girder plugin problem.

Cr4sH
November 18th, 2003, 09:17 AM
Heh, i have solved the probem.
No changes to the command order were needed though.
The problem was the Igorplug process priority, wich was set as default to 7 and i thought that its the maximum, but there are 8 levels, I changed it to the max and it works.
I read somwhere that the Igorplug mostly uses the CPU to process the code from the remotes and a high process priority level is crucial for it to work. And I think that some of my launched progs could use vital system resources and CPU time, and the codes couldn't be processed right!

I noticed that I wasn't the only one having this problem, and I hope that this will help others too!