PDA

View Full Version : Internal IR Device

barry9196
November 19th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I'm new to this forum, but have been looking around for a while. I'm just starting to put together my shopping list for a new HTPC that I'm building. So far I have a case (Overture), so I'm off to a good start!

Here is what I have been looking for, but can't seem to find. A UIRT (or something similar) that will fit into a 3 1/2" drive bay, maintaining the case aesthetics. Seems simple enough, but here's the kicker. It should be a USB device, connected to one of the USB connectors on the mobo made to go to the front of the case, and then have a pass-through from the IR device that can actually go to the front USB port.

So now we have a truly internal device. No cables looping from the rear of the case back inside, and not losing any USB ports on the front of the case.

Is such a product available?

Barry

Marsupial
November 19th, 2003, 05:51 PM
you should have annough onboard connectors to be able to directly plug within the USB on your motherboard without needing a skip-thrue.

barry9196
November 20th, 2003, 11:27 AM
I've not yet purchased, or selected which motherboard I'll get for my system. But even if there were extra connectors, that is only one piece of the puzzle.

I'm not a modder (is that the correct term?), so I'd be looking to purchase this device. Thats why I'm putting it out to this forum- to see if its available anywhere.