PDA

View Full Version : Sbox menu system....

BSchuler
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
http://sbox.slinker.com/software.html

Hey, I found a cool menu system using HTML type tags. It's not dependant on certain hardware or anything. Overall, A cool menu system for those lacking programming knowledge and looking for something better than the OSD. Check it out!

BSchuler
Here is Sbox V3.1 plus. It was originally Sbox 3.1 but I convinced the author some time back to make a change, thus the plus version. Don't have much of the documentation though. With it, you can make your own menu system based on your own graphics, etc...

This version isn't limited at all at the programs it can open.

I am rebuilding my htpc after the last year.. and decided to do away with all menu systems in favor of a quick OSD. But that's my choice.

Necro
The program isnt really worth it - it only opens certain programs that are hard coded into it.

I think the menu via girder IS feasible..it just takes ALOT and there are inherent issues with the OSD (no transparency) that make it really hard to be totally useful

tr4veler
could I get a copy of that menu from some one the site is down now and I can't seem to find the copy I had.

MpegErnie
I was just thinking that I had to figure out how to create a little OSD menu ....
and then I saw this, it just seemed to good to be true... and it is :sad:
the link seems to be dead.

What is the name of that program? I tried to search for sbox and slinker.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MpegErnie on 2002-02-01 22:26 ]</font>