PDA

View Full Version : UIRT + Girder + Universal Remote MX-800 = Arrrgghh!

skavan
December 8th, 2003, 02:48 AM
Hi all,

I am quietly going crazy -- must be something obvious - but 10 hours later - I'm stuck and need help.

The config I'm trying to achieve is pretty simple:

I/R Code comes in, depending on the code, a serial command is sent out to a given device.
The outbound serial control is working well.
The inbound I/R capturing is not.
The complication in my set up is that I am using an MX-800 Universal Learning remote that sends R/F to a receiver that then blasts the I/R.

I have taught Homeseer/UIRT all the relevant codes - trying both directly from the remote and also from the blaster.

The problem is that the inbound I/R is only matched every 3 or 4 attempts (and I notice that the learned code is different with every keypress).

What am I doing wrong? I suspect that drift across the various devices may be causing the problem - but thats just a guess.

Is there a way to teach HomeSeer/UIRT PRONTO codes (to use as learnt codes - not to be transmitted) - as the MX-800 can import Pronto codes.

Phew - my brain hurts...lets see if all the brainpower on this board can come to the rescue.

Thanks.

Suresh

Bitmonster
December 8th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Can you try your setup without the blaster?

You can only teach the UIRT Pronto codes for transmitting. The events it receives work with another algorythm and sometimes this doesn't work reliable, if the timing of the remote is not accurate. I fear the blaster might not get the signals accurately converted to IR-signals so the timing is always a bit different.

One possible solution might be to teach your MX-800 other codes. You could try for example RC-5 codes (Philips). These codes should have a clear timing, but they also include a so called "toggle bit". This means that actually every button has two different codes and you might have to learn both to your command. Another family of codes worth a try are the Sony codes.

I suggest you use the logger plugin, as it helps to see what events Girder receives.

skavan
December 8th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Amazing, fabulous, sensational - THANK YOU!

I went for set of Philips codes - learnt both codes - and whammo - it works a treat.

THANKS!

Suresh

Bitmonster
December 8th, 2003, 04:13 PM
You're welcome.