PDA

View Full Version : Make an OSD from the Playlists in Winamp 5.0 and play it! v2

Santa
December 25th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Winamp 5 Playlist Changer OSD By Santa, Dexter and Hustler

I made a Java program in asoccition with a friend. There is able to grab all the Playlists from winamp 5.00+ Media Libary and put them in a menuosd. where they can be opened from the OSD, with the arrows and enter.

Update
Dexter another friend of mine translated the JAVA code to c++, so know it runs without JRE, That's very nice and much easier to install :)

I actually started making this because I thougt it was annoying that you couldn't change the playlist from my remote. The JAVA or C++ code isn't optimized if anyone wants to do it or complie it to another language just go ahead.

This work is made with inspiration from the playlist OSD menu.

I collected all files in a zip it can be downloaded Here (http://www.geocities.com/achorsens_2000/) or at the bottom of this post :)

WinAmp 5.02+ Playlist Selector OSD by Santa v.2.0.0

0. History
1. Description
2. Requirements
3. Notes
4. Files
5. Where to get JAVA (You Don't Need this in version 2)

0. History
* 2.0.0 Translated the code to c++ and made is a .exe file instead of JAVA, JAVA code is still included
but is disabled in batch file (enable if you want it!)

* 1.0.1 updated java code, for some minor bugs, there could happend 1/10000 time. forgot to
a flush command so oput buffer stream is empty.

* 1.0 The First Version able to do the requested job :)

1. Description

This will make a OSD there you can select from the playlists in Winamps ML, a open them.

2. Requirements

* Winamp 5.00+ (incl. Media Libary)
* OSD Menu 1.65 by Matt Wire
* Girder :)

ONLY JAVA VERSiON 1.0.1 and below.
* JAVA JRE Pack or better. Virtual Machine isn't enough. (
3. Notes

This is made to fit, Winamp 5.02 installed in C:\program files\winamp\ and Girder 3.3
installed in C:\program files\Girder\. And the Zip unzipped directly in the plugins Directory.

NOTE!
that the batch file for the program (both JAVA and .exe) have 3 important arguments, and JAVA isn't
compatible with Paths containing spaces, so use MS-DOS paths. ("Program Files" = "Progra~1")

4. Files Included in zip.
osdmenu\WAPL\..

settings.txt: This File contains the information for the Visual of the menuosd.
Must contain [Visual] and [main] and a empty line at the bottom.
INFO on how to set this up can be found in Readme.html of matts plugin.

WAPL.exe : The executable c++ version of the program

Wapl.class : The Complied JAVA file.

WAPL.GML : An Girder example Group

WAPL.bat : The Batch file used to execute the JAVA file.
Argument 1: The Absolute path to gen_ml.ini Winamp ML Info File. (C:\progra~1\Winamp\plugins\gen_ml.ini is Default)
Argument 2: The Name of the output menuosd ini file. (C:\progra~1\Girder\plugins\menuosd\wapl.ini is Default)
Argument 3: Placement of the settings file (settings.txt)

osdmenu\WAPL\Source\..

Wapl.java : Sorce Code for the Java File Made by Hustler (a friend of Santa)

Wapl.cpp : Source Code for the C++ program. Made By Dexter. (a friend of Santa)

5. where to get JAVA
If you don't have JAVA it can be downloaded here:

http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

Santa
December 26th, 2003, 12:31 PM
I just observed that if "Enqueue files on doubleclick" in Winamp preferences -> File Types is checked, the playlist will not load but just be added to the end of the current playlist.

If you don't have set .m3u files to open with WinAmp you have to change the girder command in the example group if it should be opened with winamp. the [pld1] variable contain the abosolute path of the m3u file you select in the menuosd.

Santa
December 29th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Just updated the JAVA code a little, not major improvements but, now it should not be able to make errors :)

Added a flush command so fileouput streambuffer is flushed ;)

thracx
January 4th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Dear Santa,

I am having difficulties setting up the Winamp Playlist OSD Menu. I have Winamp 5.01, Girder 3.2.9b, and WinXP Pro SP1. Girder is also installed in a different folder than default, but I've changed all the filename paths that I could find.

I tried running the WAPL.bat in a cmd window and it gave me this error, "Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Wapl"

I'm sure I just didn't set something up right, but if you could offer some help, I would be much obliged.

Edit: Nevermind, but thanks anyway! I got MMcM's OSD display that uses a vbs script to work well enough for my purposes.

Santa
January 5th, 2004, 06:19 PM
I don't know what the error is here, but sound like something with the class file (wapl.class), try setting a path for it in the bat file, instead of just WAPL.

It could also be because of missing/incorrect playlist entries in gen_ml.ini I assummed all playlist entries started from query8_name= and numbered forward, try checking that too, if it don't start from 8, you have to recompile the java script (it did in the 4 versions of winamp i checked, but who knows).

I know you forefilled you needs other ways but maybee someone else got the same error.

thracx
January 5th, 2004, 06:25 PM
I know you forefilled you needs other ways but maybee someone else got the same error.

I may still look into this though, if not for myself, for others, if I get some time to do so.

Quickly, what can you tell me about the advantages/disadvantages between your version and the other one that I'm using? (Another reason why I want to get yours working, so I can see which I like best).

At any rate, thanks for the response!!

Santa
January 6th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Quickly, what can you tell me about the advantages/disadvantages between your version and the other one that I'm using? (Another reason why I want to get yours working, so I can see which I like best).

I don't know what the other one you are useing is. Mine is only a playlist selector. If you have added playliststs to winamp 5's media library, you will get theme in an OSD, and this way change the playlist to a desired one ;)

thracx
January 6th, 2004, 05:08 PM
OH!! I see. So yours lists the various playlist in the Library, where-as the other that I'm using displays the songs in a playlist.. hmmm, it would be nice to have both of these working then. Again, when I have some time, I'll work on this and tell you if I get it working.

Santa
April 21st, 2004, 06:21 PM
Updated the program to a .exe file written in c++ by Dexter :)

Much easier to use ;)

Cadish
June 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Hi, can you make a screenshot please?

Thanks

Santa
September 11th, 2004, 07:06 PM
sorry I'm a little slow but it has been holiday time, here a screen shot a little late :)

Dinges
January 2nd, 2005, 06:41 AM
I still can't get it to work, I now have the menu working, but it does not change the playlist to an other one :(

Santa
January 4th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Sounds strange :-?

Are you sure you have set all setting correct? Paths, winamp settings? Try checking the command there sends the info to winamp there could be a minor bug in my girder group ....

Dinges
January 6th, 2005, 09:42 AM
yeah, I finaly got it, still do not know what was wrong.

Santa
January 6th, 2005, 12:01 PM
yeah, I finaly got it, still do not know what was wrong.

I hate when this happens :wink: