PDA

View Full Version : choice of an economical solution for receiver and emetteur

web-angel
January 5th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Hi ! (i hope it's the good forum :$ lol)
i search an economical (rs232 ,usb or on motherboard) solution to use girder and allow to synchroniz my palm and my phone ...
so an irda solution ... anyone use this ? the only solution i have found it's the wixem irda adaptator (only 29 or 17 ..) but it isn't compatible with girder :-(

ps : i'm french so excuse me for my bad englisch ;)

Promixis
January 5th, 2004, 02:06 PM
You will be better off with 2 devices...

1. for Consumer IR

2. for IRDA.

The UIRT2 works great and is inexpensive to build.

Mike

web-angel
January 5th, 2004, 02:22 PM
duuuhhh ... but 2 devices mean 2 ports .... so maybe with usb but it's a little expensive ...

Ihave seen some irda dongle on usb but i dodn't know if they works with girder ...

Promixis
January 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM
the irda usb dongle will most likely not work with girder.

you can build the serial uirt for < $20

web-angel
January 5th, 2004, 03:50 PM
< 20$ ? who can i find this module with expedition in french ? are you using this kind of adaptator ? thank's for your help ;-) i wouldn't make a bad choice :-)

(simple precison, this dongle , uirt ..this is only a receiver not ? )

Promixis
January 5th, 2004, 03:57 PM
search google for uirt2a or uirt2b

web-angel
January 6th, 2004, 04:55 AM
it's okay ... but i only found a lot of schematic ... i haven't the hardware to make it :-( so i search a emetter/recepter for sales ... google return a lot of device but i dodn't know if there are girder compatible ...

so my last solution, a simply receiver compatible with girder with a importantangle of reception ... the girder site didn't purpose list of commercial adaptator that work ? :$

Promixis
January 6th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Look for

IRTrans
USB Uirt
TIRA

There are many devices and a wide price range.

web-angel
January 7th, 2004, 02:46 AM
i disaspear :( i have found what i search, excellement price but mail doesn't work to contact the autor ...
http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/?partType=section&partName=introduction
and if i try to find the composant i can't find the ir-diode because we have another reference in french ...