PDA

View Full Version : One For All Remotes

genixia
October 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Robin,

You want to check out http://www.remotecentral.com, and the discussion forum there. Some of these One-for-all remotes and similar (eg Radio Shack RS-1994) have been hacked to bits.
It may be possible to re-program your remote completely from a PC with an easily built interface. Without knowing which OFA remote you have I can't tell you for sure, but you will find out at remotecentral...

Robin
Not sure whether this is applicable to this board, so I apologise if I'm getting it wrong !

I have a One-For-All 6-in-1 remote control that I use with Girder ... as it doesn't need to control an existing piece of hardware I can obviously use any setup code that doesn't interfere with other equipment.

Also, I use the volume punch through, allowing the volume controls to control a given device irrespective of the device actually being used ... This only works if the current device doesn't have it's own volume controls, so my Girder setup code can't be an Amplifier or TV.

Given that I have a Toshiba TV, JVC VCR, Sky Digital & an AIWA Amp can somebody suggest a setup code that gives the maximum number of remote buttons for use with Girder. (Preferably that doesn't need a double press of the yellow (record) button)

I'm currently using the Sony VCR code, which works Ok, but needs two pushes of the yellow button.

Robin
Thanks Genixia, I'll take a look see ...