PDA

View Full Version : Teaching an MX-500

johanp
May 1st, 2004, 12:11 PM
Hi all,

Just teceived my USB-UIRT and it's working great. At the moment I'm using it to control SageTV and TheaterTek. I did that by selecting some arbitrary preprogrammed device in the MX-500 and teaching Girder those codes. Problem is, all the devices I have tried have a lot of unused buttons.

So, question: Can I use USB-UIRT to teach my remote new IR codes? That way I could fill up the unused buttons with codes and teach them to Girder and assign actions for them.

Or would the standard way to solve this problem be to find a preprogrammed device with lots and lots of assigned codes? I want to be able to use every single button on the remote.

rcdash
May 7th, 2004, 06:24 PM
I use the girder plugin and the USBUIRT to teach my MX-500 discrete PRONTO codes all the time. VERY VERY HANDY!

Promixis
May 7th, 2004, 07:39 PM
And you can goto remote central and get commands from there.

johanp
May 13th, 2004, 01:34 PM
I use the girder plugin and the USBUIRT to teach my MX-500 discrete PRONTO codes all the time. VERY VERY HANDY!

Can you elaborate a little on how you do this?

I can see that as an action I can select the USB_UIRT driver plugin and in the settings I can select "Transmit IR Command". Is this how you do it? And then just enter and IR code in Code 1 and "Test"?

Do you get the discrete codes from Pronto CCFs?

jon_rhees
May 14th, 2004, 06:07 PM
DON'T enter the discrete code in as Code1 or Code2 -- this will not work.

Instead, click the 'Learn' button and then on the learn dialog click the 'Import' button. Then pasted the discrete Pronto code and click OK. Then you can use the 'Test Transmit' button.

-Jon