PDA

View Full Version : What do I need for a simple setup?

Burre
May 5th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Hi all,

I currently have a home PC, and a lot of Home cinema components. I would like to use a small 8" touchscreen with dual screen from the same PC to control everything. I might use the software from www.cinemaronline.com

1. Is that possible?

2. Is it posible to use this UIRT to control all components, and is the IR range good?

3. will XP home run dual screen?

4. I have a s-video out on my PC, can I use that for the remote?

5. where do I learn in the signals from the remotes? through the UIRT?

I'm sorry for many questions... :oops:

Promixis
May 5th, 2004, 10:34 AM
1. Ask cinemar ;)

2. Yes

3. Not sure

4. ? remote screen?

5. Via the uirt

maxtrash
May 7th, 2004, 02:43 AM
Hi all,

I currently have a home PC, and a lot of Home cinema components. I would like to use a small 8" touchscreen with dual screen from the same PC to control everything. I might use the software from www.cinemaronline.com

1. Is that possible?

2. Is it posible to use this UIRT to control all components, and is the IR range good?

3. will XP home run dual screen?

4. I have a s-video out on my PC, can I use that for the remote?

5. where do I learn in the signals from the remotes? through the UIRT?

I'm sorry for many questions... :oops:

you could also think about going the netremote (www.netremote.org) route and using a seperate computer (pocketpc or regular) for the remote itself. The remote can then be wireless as well.

Using dual screen seems somewhat inpractical because you always have to make sure the windows apear on the right screen.

Burre
May 7th, 2004, 06:58 AM
I was thinking of using Ultramon (http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/), it adds 2 buttons to the upper right of every window, with the command "move to other screen." Nvidia Nview also lets me choose what screen the app should always open in.(right click, choose 1 or 2)

but I'll have a look at netremote, thanks! :)

maxtrash
May 7th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Netremote is available in a win32 version as well so could be used with one pc. If you use ultramon to direct netremote to use the second screen why not.

I would expect a touchscreen to have a vga-input by the way, not only svideo?

have a look

http://www.netremote.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=796&highlight=800x600