PDA

View Full Version : USB UIRT: Difference between forcing RAW or not?

Luke M.
June 24th, 2004, 08:04 PM
I'm having a weird occurance with transmitting a code to turn my Philips television on and off using my USB-UIRT.

The plugin learns the IR code just fine. However, when I execute that command and the USB-UIRT transmits my code, it will turn the television off, but not back on. If I uncheck "Force RAW Mode Learning" and learn the same button, the IR code it saves looks slightly different. When I transmit that code, it will turn the TV on, but not off. :o

I've searched the boards but haven't found this kind of scenario listed before. I suppose it could be something peculiar with my TV remote, but since I can get the USB-UIRT to turn the TV on or off depending on how I set up the learning event, it seems likely that it's something to do with how I teach the code to the plugin. What does RAW Mode learning really mean?

I'd like the plugin to simply transmit the same code that the TV remote sends, which turns it both on and off. Any thoughts?

Promixis
June 24th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Luke,

Best to ask Jon on his forum but I am guessing your remote might using RC5 codes. It might be better to cut and paste the code from a CCF then learn it ..

Luke M.
June 25th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Ok, I'll do that. I hadn't realized he had his own forum but after you mentioned it I went to his website and saw it right away. Thanks for the tip.