PDA

View Full Version : Closing Netremote

vfrjim
February 16th, 2003, 10:45 PM
I am having a problem with Netremote on my PDA(Axim), when I close the program, it really does not shut the program down, it really minimizes it. If you go to the settings, memory, Netremote is still running, normally that would not be a problem but if I place the Axim in it's Sync cradle and attempt to use netremote again later, I have to go in manually and close the program then relaunch it because I do not get communications between the PDA and the Girder software.

I do not have any of these problems if I do not put the Axim back in the Sync cradle. So, if there was a way of terminating the program when hitting the X, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jim

Ben S
February 16th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Unfortunately the x in the upper right corner not actually exiting is handled by Windows CE, and it's by design, as they (Microsoft) don't want the user to realize whether apps are "running" or not.

If you choose File\Exit instead, it will fully exit. There will also be a ccf action to exit NetRemote once I make the NRBasic driver available.

Hope that helps.

vfrjim
February 16th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Thanks, that does help.

Jim

z.mash
February 18th, 2003, 08:27 PM
vfrjim,

Try downloading icbar (http://icbar.ictinus.com/). If you set it to autostart, it will always replace the top bar and the X will actually close down the application.

-Zak

vfrjim
February 19th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Zak,

Newbie question here, using a Dell Axim, which version do I use and how is it installed? :)

Thanks,

Jim

z.mash
February 19th, 2003, 03:49 PM
You need the ARM version:
http://icbar.ictinus.com/download.php?get=cab/v1.0.9.2/en/icbar.arm.CAB

Once you download and transfer the file to your PPC, simply open it up using the PPC File Explorer. It will install itself and create an icon. Run the icon, and then under settings check the "Enable ICBar on Startup". That will permanently replace your old PPC taskbar ("permanent" in the sense that it will be your taskbar until you uninstall ICBar).

-Zak