PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Help

mkaylor
February 19th, 2003, 01:47 PM
I have a Toshiba PPC and am trying to use Tonto to create my screens.

1. Where do I find info on skin.ini. I spent 4 hours on AVSForum and couldn't find out here is was or how to create it?

2. What is the correct screen size for my PPC? 240x320? If I use a header does that change?

3. Looking at the Tonto screen shots, he has different backgrounds, how do I do that? I tried adding a frame the entire page then changing the image to a .bmp file and it says the button is too big. The bmp is 240x320.

4. Using Netremote and Girder, is it possible to trigger a command when a button is pressed and a different command when the button is let up.
An example....the Sony EVI-D30 PTZ camera pans the direction you tell it till it gets a stop command. Same thing for zoom.

Thanks for the help.
Mike

z.mash
February 20th, 2003, 08:03 AM
1. There is a post (http://www.netremote.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19) by QuickCarl that has a link to a skin template file created by brohebus. This may help you.
2. For now you need to use a size that allows room for the header. If the header bar (which is controlled by skin.ini) is 20 pixels tall, your CCF would be 240x300 (i.e. 320-20=300).
3. There is a bug that you cannot add images with a dimension larger than 300 pixels. I think Stewart is working on this for a future release.
4. No - I think I understand where you are going with this, but you can only trigger commands on button press. You might be able to do something with Girder states, though. For more information on that you will have to check out the Girder forum.

Zak

brohebus
February 21st, 2003, 08:09 AM
1. Where do I find info on skin.ini. I spent 4 hours on AVSForum and couldn't find out here is was or how to create it?

I recently posted a link to it on this forum as z.mash indicated. Ben, maybe this should go into a file section or into the FAQ.

Don't forget to add the new section that set the window size.

2. What is the correct screen size for my PPC? 240x320? If I use a header does that change?

The maximum size for PPC screen is 240x320. We just got the ability to create CCFs in that size through Pronto. Standard CCF sizes are 240x219 (PRonto Pro CCFs) and 240x270 (Marantz RC9200). The reaminaing room can be used for the skin headers and/or footers.

Looking at the Tonto screen shots, he has different backgrounds, how do I do that? I tried adding a frame the entire page then changing the image to a .bmp file and it says the button is too big. The bmp is 240x320.

The technique you mention will work except for the aforementioned bug in Tonto. I think that Stewart fixed this in the latest release (1.42).

4. Using Netremote and Girder, is it possible to trigger a command when a button is pressed and a different command when the button is let up.

Download the 'Button Mode' plugin for Girder. It will do what you want.

-Dave