PDA

View Full Version : Not sure is a NetRemote or LDJ bug

QuickCarl
February 23rd, 2003, 09:09 AM
Messing around with the LDJ and Win32 V.975.....

I am using the sample CCF and the Sample Girder GML files to test before I integrate them.

The same setup on Win 32, with the exception that I am using it in 640 X 480 mode.

Some interesting things occured, when I started the CCF and went to the DVD Jukebox (I was watching the intialize script)

1) it did not kick off the the 'scanning sequence' upon entry to the first panel
2) when I pressed 'letters' button, it did the scan but did not update the feedback buttons
3) when I pressed and image, it changed to the 'larger' image panel, and updated to a real image
4) subsequent pressing, returned to main panel and all the feedback was there
5) pressing another 'letters' button yeilded the following error in Net Remote

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WQDeAqkcOTxqoIYM8CvDo6zLGz2qWdOHycJdUzeICXXh!Lusd mr1s7g7!p8em4GMHmora6CHPfGkRHNcxXo6uGap3b1lUxLq9Jq j6yWRMYdkZYf6JF0KgiY52tazKJpzzJ8OhOjrXjA/NetremoteLDJ_Error.bmp?dc=4675410865343397782

Hope this is helpful, wasn't sure where to post it. -Carl

brockgr
February 23rd, 2003, 09:37 AM
Carl,

The first thing is that your NR was not "registered" for feedback. When you enter the LDJ panel, a special event is sent by NR to Girder, announcing the IP and port of NR. If you are already in the panel when Girder is started (or the script engine is reset), Girder can receive the events, but does not know who to feedback to. This is what you were seeing.

The quick solution is to go to the "home" panel, and back to LDJ (entering any feedback panel causes the registration).

Now the buffer overflow is fun. Girder didn't know where to send feedback so I don't think it could have caused it. I have crashed both Girder and NR in many interesting ways recently, but I havn't had one of those messages. You are on the latest version - right? Was image feedback on or off?

Let me know if you can repeat it.

Cheers, Gavin

Ben S
February 23rd, 2003, 09:41 AM
Hope this is helpful, wasn't sure where to post it. -Carl

Yes. Definately helpful, and It's definately a NetRemote bug, not LDJ. Or if they're not communicating right, at least NetRemote should handle it gracefully.

I will try to reproduce on my machine here. Thanks Carl!

QuickCarl
February 23rd, 2003, 10:52 AM
I can duplicate it here....occassionally

Wanna come over to my house? LOL

I missed a couple of things in the first description, though.

There is an and unhadled command

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0UADeAmYZJyf6XlCZcJp3xRdaMHMY2z7vrm85SyJ7aH9kWW84l ti!isJxnbkYKqwWPzmIYut0pf8RANY7XLEcwD4aOkxQLKjvuLu fM5HGcM6MSk2bRiWOCYyCrgkccK4J/unhandled.bmp?dc=4675410875202706777
generated on the first press of the letters button and any subsequent press.

Also, I am getting varied behavior upon start up. I am shutting down Girder, then starting it, then opening the script to watch what happens on the "Initialize of LDJ" (I do have image feeback on) THEN I open NetRemote and start testing.

Sometimes it does the scan upon pressing the DVD Jukebox button and jumping to the main panel, it loads feedback buttons and image and when pressing the letters buttons I get the unhandled errors

Sometimes it does not load the feedback buttons, and I finally get it started by pressing the image button, then returning, that is when I get the buffer overflow error.....

HTH-Carl

QuickCarl
February 23rd, 2003, 11:25 AM
by exiting from NetRemote after successfully using the LDJ panels and restrating it while LEAVING Girder up and runing.

Upon entry to the main panel, you don't get a rescan and Girder does not initialize.... then when you
1) press the image button,"pld2 = " is visible in the script window
2) followed shortly by the 'unhandled command' error,
3) pressing OK on the error dialog closes the dialog
4) pressing the large image, yeilds anothe 'unhandled command' error
5) with text feedback on the "movies'"button, but no image
6) pressing OK removes the dialog
7) pressing a 'letters' button yeilds another UC error, ok removes it

HTH-Carl

brockgr
February 23rd, 2003, 06:06 PM
Carl,

Once you have got an "unhandled command" error, all bets are off. I think the code has trampled over it's own memory. From my experience, NR will be left in an unstable state, feedback will become intermittent, and it will eventually crash.

Ben - Any news on the next release?

Gavin

Ben S
February 26th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Did 0.98 appear to fix this, Gavin and Carl?

brockgr
February 26th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Yep - 0.98 is working great!! Just watch out for a small bug in LDJ 0.07. You nead to hard code the post in the "Register" function. Otheriwse, stick to 0.06 for now.

Gavin

QuickCarl
February 26th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Ben - .98 seems to be working like a champ. Thanks so much....

Now for the multiple image feedback so LDJ can be better than DVDLobby...LOL. -Carl