PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to .98 problems (resolved)



kanman
February 24th, 2003, 10:03 PM
I am trying to upgrade my Ipaq 3850 (PPC2002) to the new release of netremote 0.98. I am getting the following error when starting the app.
"Cannot find 'NetRemote'(or one of its components). Make sure that the path and the filename area correct and all the required libraries are available."

I have removed all of the dll's and files for .972, which was working great, just wanted to see the new updates to the feedback issues. I also have removed the registry enteries for NetRemote, and soft restarted the Ipaq but I still get the error. I can reload .972 and it works fine, I reload .98 and have the same problems...I am missing something???

Thanks for any help....

Ben S
February 24th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Make sure that zlibce.dll is also in the NetRemote directory. Girder now requires that .dll.

I suspect that it is missing.

kanman
February 24th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the reply,

I justed checked the NetRemote directory under program files on the ipaq and zlibce.dll is there, also all of the other dlls are there now named with the "nr_" prefix. I tried to copy the skin info to the root of my documents but it still won't open...the only thing that is confusing (this must be a ppc 2002 feature) is that I don't see the dll's from my ipaq's file explorer...I have to connect and view from active sync through "file/explore...the dll's are listed..here is what is in the netremote directory
nr_GirderDrv.dll
nr_IRDrv.dll
nr_MediaJukeBoxDrv.dll
nr_NRBasic.dll
nr_WakeOnLanDrv.dll
nr_WebBrowserDrv.dll
zlibce.dll

Then under the My Documents is:
standard-skin (Folder)
netremote_demo.cff
skin1.ini (tried to see if that was the problem)
default.gif
NetRemote.exe

QuickCarl
February 24th, 2003, 11:52 PM
Pretty sure that netremote.exe goes in the folder with the dll's....

And that folder has to be Program Files.....

HTH-Carl

kanman
February 25th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Thank You, I moved the NetRetmote.exe into the netremote directory under program files and it works.

Thanks for the help!