PDA

View Full Version : Screen and skin resolutions?

K-Wood
March 10th, 2003, 12:58 PM
I'm working on some custom panels for my Dell Axim and had some questions about the max screen resolution useable with a PocketPC.

First, I assume that I need to use the new version of Tonto to exploit the full size of the PPC, which is 240x320, right?

Second, how much space do I need to leave for the interface skin?

Can I roll my own interface skin? Is it possible for someone who is graphics challenged?

Will Tonto and NR support graphics formats other than bmps? If so, what formats?

Thanks, and forgive me if these questions have been asked and answered.

- Ken

z.mash
March 10th, 2003, 03:35 PM
First, I assume that I need to use the new version of Tonto to exploit the full size of the PPC, which is 240x320, right?
That is correct - get v1.423

Second, how much space do I need to leave for the interface skin?
You can use as much space as you want. However, if your header skin is 20 pixels high and the footer skin 10 pixels high, you need to subtract 30 pixels from your CCF (e.g. make it 240x290).

Can I roll my own interface skin? Is it possible for someone who is graphics challenged?
Yep! All you need are a few graphics and you are good to go! Brohebus posted a template in response to a QuickCarl question somewhere on this forum.

Will Tonto and NR support graphics formats other than bmps? If so, what formats?
I believe Tonto will take PNG, JPG, and BMP. Whatever it supports, NR supports.

-Zak

brohebus
March 10th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Tonto also supports .GIFs.

The annotated skin file predated the 'full screen' feature. You'll need to add the follwing lines to the front of the .INI file:

[Master]
Window=x,y

Where x,y equal the resolution (e.g. 240,320 for PPC devices)

A link to the file is here:

http://www.netremote.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19

With NRBasic available, there is little reason to skin unless you want to use an existing Pronto Pro or Marantz RC9200 CCF; you can accomplish the same same thing, with less headache and more flexibility, by using a template on the CCF.

-Dave

-Dave

Ben S
March 11th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Note that you'll only need the [Master] Window attribute if you're on Win32. PPC will -always- use a 240x320 window size.

Also, make sure and take a look at 0.982 (posted in the General Discussion forum). It will allow you to define a single panel skin using Tonto, which will default the size of the window to the size of the .ccf.