PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Browser

smellywookie
March 31st, 2003, 11:11 PM
WickedEwok,

I have been very impressed with your work so far. Thanks for making it available. I have been using extensivley. I have one request that deals with the embedded browser. I am using it to display jpegs that are caputred from my security cameras. I have a refresh button on the ccf panel that generates a new jpeg image via girder the jumps to the same panel to redisplay the new image. The only way i can get the browser to redisplay is to jump the another panel that has a different url in the in another embedded browser. It would be wonderful if you could jump back to the same panel and the embedded browser would reload the url. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the great work!

Ben S
April 1st, 2003, 07:29 AM
smellywookie. Haha. A lot of people think by WickedEwok I mean "WickettEwok", but I don't. When I mean WickedEwok I think of, say, an Episode 1 with an Ewok playing the part of Darth Maul. Something like that.

Anyway, I need to add a -lot- more support to the WebBrowser, including a refresh button. That should do it for you, right?

Four things I'm going to add first:

Refresh
Back
* Call NetRemote action (via driver id, command, data, param)
* Feedback (from driver, to direct the browser to a URL)

0.984 will see these changes (but not 0.983)

smellywookie
April 1st, 2003, 11:47 AM
Great. I can't wait.

I am also chomping at the bit to use my new UIRT2.

mrallen
April 2nd, 2003, 04:45 PM
How do I get an embedded browser? Also, is there a way (or a planned way) to embed a Windows Media stream? I'd like to send a low-bandwidth tv stream to NetRemote. I can already do this to the media player.

brockgr
April 2nd, 2003, 06:06 PM
You could "exec" off the windows (pocket) media player with the new NRbasic code - would that help?

mrallen
April 2nd, 2003, 06:12 PM
I tried that, but it doesn't seem to accept 'command-line' arguments. I can do it by 'exec'ing a .lnk file, but that defeats the purpose entirely since it can't be encoded in the ccf.

I also got the impression there was a way to actually embed a browser window in a frame.

z.mash
April 2nd, 2003, 07:13 PM
Is the embedded browser still limited to PPC platforms?

Ben S
April 6th, 2003, 07:17 PM
0.9831 should now accept parameters with the NRBasic code.

The browser is currently limited to PPC2002, but I have a working prototype of the browser for Win32 platform, you should see it in the next release.

That would leave PPC2k as the only non "browser-enabled" version.

You can embed a browser window directly in the frame. The demo .ccf has a browser embedded (but, as above, is currently only usable in the PPC2k2 platform).