PDA

View Full Version : Slink-e won't control Denon receiver



grog
April 26th, 2003, 03:28 PM
Hi everyone,

I have a Slink-e on my HTPC and a wireless iPAQ so I've been trying to set up NetRemote to control my home theater components. NRIRServ seems to be working using the Slink-e because it can control some of my components just fine - Toshiba TV, Sony CD, DirecTivo, X10 lights. However, for some reason it's not working with my Denon 3802 receiver.

I know the CCF I'm using for the receiver is good because if I load it into TV Remote Controller and send the IR directly from the iPAQ it works fine. But using the same CCF with NetRemote/NRIRServ/Slink-e doesn't work at all (none of the buttons do anything). The Slink-e Server stats shows the Send counter incrementing when a button is pressed so it's sending something, just not the right thing.

Any ideas on what the problem could be? I'm using version .9831 of NetRemote and the Jan 16 build of NRIRServ.

Thanks

MikeM
April 26th, 2003, 04:47 PM
Grog, I have exactly the same problem with my replay TV codes and also my pioneer RPTV. If you look at the log files, it appears that one keypress actually generates multiple IR emissions - very strange.

Most of the codes work fine, and my Dell Axim sends them fine with PDAWin, so the codes are valid. So I think we're in the same boat.

Ben is working on trying to debug the problem, but this appares to be more of the harder bugs to find.

Thanks,
Mike

grog
April 27th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Hi Mike,

I saw your posts as well and it does indeed sound like we're having the same problem. I also noticed from SlinkeServ that it sends 3 emissions for each keypress. Unfortunately, none of them seem to be the right one. :wink:

As a test, I added my receiver as a device in CDJ and it works fine so I know the SlinkE has the ability to send the codes properly. Something must be getting garbled in the translation.

Oh well, hopefully someone manages to find the bug. In the meantime I'm doing some experimenting with Girder to see if I can get it to send the commands properly. Obviously not an ideal solution but it may have to do for now.

Thanks,
grog

Ben S
April 27th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Grog, can you send me your denon ccf and .cde? I have a denon 3803, and that might be the closest "match" we have, so that I can figure out why the codes aren't working.

Thanks!
-Ben

grog
April 27th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Thanks Ben, you've got mail!

grog

Ben S
May 4th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Status update: I believe I found the cure, and have sent a demo to Grog for his thumbs up/down.

Mike, if you send me an email I'll reply with the updated version for you to take a look at, as well.

Once you guys give it the okay, I'll post it for public consumption.

This fix for the Denon unit should resolve most other remotes, as well. If the slinke can control it, NetRemote should now be able to control it.

MikeM
May 5th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Ben - just sent you a PM. I should be able to turn this around very quickly... Thanks so much for working on this! IR passthrough is a BIG win!

Thanks,
Mike

z.mash
May 7th, 2003, 11:39 PM
Hey Ben,

If you want a third tester, I would be more than happy to take a stab at it. I have never been able to get my DirecTivo to work with NR.

Thanks,
Zak

grog
May 8th, 2003, 12:01 PM
Hi everyone,

Sorry for not responding sooner, I was out of town the last few days so I wasn't able to test Ben's fix until now. The great news is it seems to be working just fine now! My Denon receiver now works, as well as a couple of other devices that I had also found didn't work previously - my Toshiba DVD and DirecTivo.

Thanks a lot, Ben!

Ben S
May 13th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Just so you know (I'm sure you've all noticed), I've released a newer version of the slinke driver in NRIRServ-04-May-2003.zip. I want to hold off on releasing it to the public until the newer version of NetRemote is really to be released to the public.

Thanks guys.