PDA

View Full Version : Zone-specific volume control and Girder sending NR commands?

Mastiff
April 30th, 2003, 05:37 AM
Hi, Ben! (I guess you're the only one who can answer this...)
There's one thing that is not implemented correctly in MC9, and that is volume control in a multi-zone environment. Basically when you use the volume control you'll always change the main volume for the default sound card, it does not matter what zone you're on. So I thought of a way: in NetRemote I will map the volume control to the preamp volume control if you think you will manage to get that working for specific zones any time soon. You said you would talk to Matt about the EQ problem, and I suppose this is the same thing. But this should be easier to do since the basic function is there already, it works on the zone you want it to as long as you adjust it in MC9. I hope this is not as far away as the real volume control change for specific zones! There the slider moves but the volume is only changed on the default sound card. Grrrrrrrr....

Anyway if you get the preamp setting working on specific zones, is it possible to send that command from Girder?

Ben S
May 4th, 2003, 07:41 PM
I've seen this, as well. Sounds like they may not fix this for awhile. I'm not sure how he can work around this right now. I've asked Matt about the zone dsp, but haven't heard back yet. I'll ask again.

Mastiff
May 5th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Thanks a lot! 8)