PDA

View Full Version : 100 registered users and counting...

brockgr
May 23rd, 2003, 09:10 AM
Wow - that's pretty impressive!! 8)

FYI, AJ Bertelson (http://www.netremote.org/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=102&sid=7f70b53c8e43ff392e287ed55713c99d) is user no. 100.

Gavin (no. 20)

Mastiff
May 23rd, 2003, 10:29 AM
I saw yesterday that number 100 was coming up and wondered if I should comment that Ben ought to have that one as well (I presume he's number one). But then I decided not to since he does not strike me as the kind of guy who's that hung up in fame and chinese numbermagic. I, on the other hand, am, so where do I see what my number is? Oh, and Gavin, I registered three days ahead of you! Nyaaah, nyaaah! :wink:

Anyway, it's a real testament to the Wicked one's ingenuity and vision that something that at least I at first thought would be a very limited thing has grown like that! I'm sure that when version 1.0 is stable and out the door us enthusiasts will number a lot more! I'm looking forward to that thread on AVS Forrum: "NetRemote version 1.0 released!" Of course with Ben's aprehension of the big 1.0 we might have to wait a while for that... :lol:

But in conclusion, ladies and gentlemen, let's hear it for the man who spends valuable parts of his (I'm sure) limited spare time on letting us control our systems better than anything has let us before: Mr Benjamin Sweet! Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! :D

Ben S
May 26th, 2003, 12:22 PM
Uh. Yeah. I can see the wave starting from Norway. :)

In other exciting fame news, I came in third in my age "bracket" in a 5K run "around the lake" yesterday. Just to fight the stigma that software developers have no legs from sitting at a computer chair all day. :)

But, anyway. Yes, I too cannot wait until a 1.0 is ready.

Have I mentioned to anyone that I was able to control my DVD player directly from NetRemote using the built in infrared on my Maestro a few weeks ago? Although we don't need it, I think it will usher in a whole new crowd of NetRemoters.

With Stewart's support with Tonto and all the things we've been doing, I think NetRemote has a possibility of being best in class. Assuming I can get it bug free, of course. Version 0.99999999, here we come. :)

Mastiff
May 26th, 2003, 12:44 PM
Waddayaymean, "possibility"? It's already that! What can compete? Those silly IR programs for Ipaq? Hardly. Prontos? Nope, they lack integration and real feedback support. So you're best, the only thing to make sure is that we stay ahead of the (presumable) coming horde of copycats. 8)

Oh, congratulations on your run! I only run when my phone is ringing or I really have to loose a few pounds on my treadmill.