PDA

View Full Version : Is the API suitable and available for this?

avid
June 3rd, 2003, 10:39 AM
I am currently using 0.98, but use nothing more sophisticated than Girder commands. It is proving very successful.

Separately, I have almost finished a PocketPC "program recording scheduler" app for the Nebula DigiTV, accessed over (wireless) LAN. This is curently a dialog-based app. However, I want to "integrate" it into the existing remote control use experience.

Can I assume that it will be possible for me to "wrap" my dialogs into a NetRemote module DLL using the new API, so that it can be invoked in-proc by a button-press? What version of NetRemote would I need for this? When and where would I find the necessary API? Or should I hold off for a while as things are still in too much flux?

Thanks

Brian

Ben S
June 3rd, 2003, 05:36 PM
Hi Brian,

The API is -definitely- suitable for this, and your application sounds perfect to wrap as a NetRemote driver.

You'll need 0.99 RC5 (to be released in the next few days), and the SDK that will be available at this time.

I anticipate the SDK staying consistent for a bit, but plan to keep in touch with developers and make them aware of any changes that may happen.

It will be possible for you to wrap the dialogs into a DLL, although further integration might be a little cleaner. We can talk once the SDK is released about things you could do.

Thanks Brian. I'll make sure and keep you in the loop.

avid
June 3rd, 2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the info - I await the SDK with great interest.

Brian

Ben S
June 8th, 2003, 04:57 PM
Hi Avid.

The SDK is available here (http://www.netremote.org/dl/NR_SampleDriver.zip).

I anticipate a lot of revisions of the sample to make it easy to read/understand, so please shoot me an email if you have any questions.