PDA

View Full Version : Control of HiPix App

vfrjim
June 6th, 2003, 09:12 AM
I am in the process of moving my HDTV tuner card (HiPix) into my other machine (that I use netremote and Mediacenter9 in) and was wondering if it was possible to controll the HiPix app with netremote and girder? I am in the process of rewiring my home theater and was going to run component video runs from that computer to it so I could send the signal from the HiPix to it.

I am guessing that I would have to use Tonto to create a overlay for my Dell Axim, but do not know how to create new codes so that the "hotkey" setup in the config panel of the HiPix would reflect those codes. Basically the ability to emulate keyboard strokes would accomplish this, can netremote do this?

Anyone game to help?

Thanks,

Jim

vfrjim
June 7th, 2003, 04:33 PM
No one willing to help me?

I just need to know how to create new codes so that I can map those to hotkeys on a keyboard, for example:

Code 50 = Ctrl + F
Code 51 = Ctrl + A

I just need to know how to create new tcpip codes so I can teach Girder what it should do with it,

Anyone?

Thanks,

Jim

Mastiff
June 7th, 2003, 06:34 PM
You'll find that in the user's guide, you'll just define the keboard short-cut in Girder and then choose something to command it with. Look at this page, it should help: http://members.verizon.net/~vze3fgvv/NetRemote/create_buttons.html

vfrjim
June 11th, 2003, 02:49 PM
thanks for the help, it will definitely help me out.

Jim