PDA

View Full Version : PPC2002 ipaq 3630 netremote resume failure

rossp
June 12th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Hi all, anyone else getting this with rc5.
Running rc5, media center 9, new mc server.

When you resume the ppc with netremote running it will not automatically re-establish the connection. The track time etc does not move. When you hit a control button the button function does not happen but this get the connection re-established with the mc9 server and tracktime goes up etc.

I also get times when the netremote library stops with the "loading..." displayed and no tracks coming back.

Also how do you get the cover art inside the library navigation function now. It was disabled a few builds ago, and the tonto method changed for album cover art. In the demo ccf files there is now reference as to how you display it.

Ross

showkit
June 12th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Ross,

I've just started using Tonto so there may be better ways to add the cover art to the playlist than what I did:

Using Tonto and loading Ben's included CCF I was able to open the Control and Library screens and use the Control button that displays the cover art in the Control screen and copy it to the library screen. I then made sure the ID tag "IMG:MP.PlayingNowCover" (right click on button and then select properties). This display's the Playing Now Cover Art Image on the Library screen.

Ben,

Where can we find a more complete list of Media Center remote server ID Tags? Or what is the tag that will display the Library Cover Image?

Thanks
Joe

rossp
June 12th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Thanks showkit, but it is your second question that I need the answer to. How to get the library cover art to show.

Ben ???

Ross

Ben S
June 13th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Thanks showkit, but it is your second question that I need the answer to. How to get the library cover art to show.

Hi Ross.

Library navigation cover art is currently disabled. I'm looking into enabling it without slowing down library navigation, which was the problem before.

Regarding the communication errors, do you have one instance of the Media Center driver in NetRemote, or more? This is something Tor and I have looked into in the past, and I thought it was resolved.

Sounds like a communication error with the server. Do you have a strong wireless connection at the time?

rossp
June 13th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Ben, I only have one instance running, and the signal strength rarely goes below 90%.

Is there any debug stuff I can look at to see why this happens.

I can't wait for you to fix this. :o)

Ross

Ben S
June 13th, 2003, 10:39 AM
I know you said this in the beginning, but you are definitely running the new RemoteServer that is in the zip file along with a Media Jukebox 8 plugin?

If so, I will add some debugging info in to help us resolve this issue. Maybe Tor can chime in, as well, as this seems like something Tor and I resolved a few weeks ago.

rossp
June 13th, 2003, 05:34 PM
latest all, sorry. wish i could be more help. lets debug this biatch,,,

Ross

Ben S
June 14th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Okay. I'll add some debugging info and get back to you about it shortly.