PDA

View Full Version : RemoteServer protocol documentation

ebariaux
August 23rd, 2003, 11:02 AM
Hi all,

Is there any documentation on the protocol made available by RemoteServer?
I know if you go on the configured port with your web browser you get a "web site" with several functionality but I thought there was also another "XML based API" on the same port.

Thanks for any info,
Eric.

Ben S
August 24th, 2003, 09:18 PM
I have some documentation on the protocol I'm using that's part of RemoteServer, but not the XML protocol.

There are three parts of RemoteServer, an HTTP protocol, an XML protocol, and the netremote protocol (for faster performance on PPC).

ebariaux
August 25th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Thanks for the info.
Then I believe it's even better and I can use the netremote protocol instead. Could you send me the documentation?

In fact, I wanted to use this way to have a VFD (Matrix Orbital) display updated with song information.

Thanks,
Eric.

ebariaux
September 3rd, 2003, 03:49 PM
Ben,

Could you send me the documentation you have on the NetRemote protocol in RemoteServer? Or maybe publish it here so everybody can enjoy it? Or send me a PM if you want to take this offline?

Thanks,
Eric.

Ben S
September 3rd, 2003, 07:30 PM
Yep. Just did. You have mail. It's not fully up-to-date, but it's enough to get started.

Let me know how it goes.

ebariaux
September 4th, 2003, 04:33 PM
Thanks a lot, works really great.
If people are interested, I'll post a small Java sample on how to use the protocol to display some status information from MC.
Not totally NetRemote related but...

Eric.

Mastiff
September 4th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Be careful, so it does not fall into the hands of the enemy... :wink:

ebariaux
September 8th, 2003, 02:02 PM
OK, so here is a really small and stupid example of using the protocol from Java.
No error checking, no good coding practices, no ... just a quick test.

http://www.tinsys.com/downloads/MediaCenter_NRPI_Test.zip

Bundle project is for eclipse IDE.

Eric.