PDA

View Full Version : Want to include driver in my VB.net app for PocketPC2003 /PC

blake_k
November 4th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Hi,
is there a similar driver/plugin for VB.net that i could use? i tried the SDK/drivers that were included on this forum, but they appear to be for C++ only.

I am not the most experienced programmer by any means, so perhaps i am missing something.

Thanks much!

--Blake

Dave T
November 4th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Blake:

Yes, currently, the drivers are all dll's written in C++. I don't know if Ben has any plans for .net drivers, but he may lean towards C# vs C++ if he does. Ben will probably post hear when he notices your question...

But, I don't know what you want your driver to do. Perhaps you can get what you need without doing a new driver. What was it you wanted to do?

- Dave

Ben S
November 4th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Unfortunately I'm not familiar with VB or VB.net.

I would like to write a COM wrapper or move the plugins to COM so that plugins can be written in any language, however.

Unfortunately C# on the ppc and on windows are very different, whereas the C++ code is similar enough to be cross-platform, so I won't be moving towards .NET for NetRemote (although I use it for many other projects and think it's -awesome-).