PDA

View Full Version : Viewpad 100 PPC2000 .994 version?

TimT
January 13th, 2004, 03:18 AM
So kind of just got started with NetRemote and am enjoying things so far. Have it working from a pc client connected to JRMC on a server.

Next got a Viewpad 100 which says its a WinCE 3.0 device, but apparently there a variety of devices that are WinCE or Handheld PC that are all different since I had a heck of a time getting any cf network adapter to work. Anyway I finally got a wifi card working, and then tried installing NetRemote.

First try was doing the PPC2002 .99 install as described by Grog. Didn't really work, just crashes. Did anyone get this working on a Simpad that hasn't been upgraded to WinCE 4?

Next I installed PPC2000 .982 and after some fiddling got that to work. Got connected, saw an album cover, start and stop music...very cool! Of course this is all in a little corner of the screen. Would it be possible to get a PPC2000 .99 version that supports higher resolutions? The viewpad 100 has an ARM processor. I saw an old link to a september release but that doesn't seem hooked up anymore. Dying to try editing some 800x600 ccfs.

thanks

Tim

Ben S
January 15th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Hi Tim,
The PPC2000 version lags quite a bit behind the current PPC2K2/2K3 version. Unfortunately it's a fair bit of work to compile for the older device and build an install, so I don't do it that often.

I will, however, build an install for the next stable revision for all platforms, so if you can wait, you should be all set.

TimT
January 15th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Thanks. Looking forward to the next version!