PDA

View Full Version : 2002 upgrade for ipaq--compaq no longer sells it!

lawdawg
January 15th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Crap!

I can find it on ebay, but the company won't pay for that!

Does anyone no where else it can be found?

Thanks,

Adam (just started using netremote to control media center last night, it's SWEET!)

Ben S
January 15th, 2004, 10:22 AM
This is to convert a PPC2000 device to PPC2002? Or 2002 to 2003?

Have you tried calling Compaq (HP) directly to see if they still have it, but not on the website?

If you absolutely can't get 2002 onto the device, I will build a version for 2000 when the next release is ready.

lawdawg
January 15th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Ben,

Your the greatest. I called Compaq, before I posted (small to medium business number.) The gentleman was quite nice, but he said that they no longer provide that upgrade. Only 2003. :( A quick check of various message boards confirmed this.

And yes I'm trying to go from 2000 to 2002. I don't want to miss out on any of the fun stuff you are coming up with in the new releases. I tried the cool new CFs for media center control, but none of the variable stuff seems to work on the 2000 version. :(

My wife was very impressed with being able to pause, select, play music wirelessly. And she usually only is kinda impressed with this kind of stuff. She thought it was awsome! Keep up the great work man!

Ben S
January 15th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks lawdawg! I'll try to get a build for 2000 out at the same time as the next prerelease!

I've been enjoying your original graphics from way back. I'd love to see some cool new buttons if you do any more in the future.

Thanks again!

Mastiff
January 15th, 2004, 07:23 PM
OK, this is probably not totally legal, but it seems like that upgrade has been reverted to abandonware status, so maybe you could find it on Kazaa or Direct Connect? :wink:

lawdawg
January 21st, 2004, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the tip Mastiff. I went poking around some ipaq boards and found a person who had a copy. Gotta love the net!

Now I should be able to handle any net-remote goodness Ben can dream up!

Mastiff
January 21st, 2004, 10:17 AM
You're welcome. If you can't get it legally because of bad service, then any means are just, I say! :D

Ben S
January 22nd, 2004, 01:25 PM
Sounds great, Lawdawg!

Renegade
May 27th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Hi, there is a way through the normal updates which are downloadable ;)

You only have to hexedit some things and you could use them.

It works great.

If you want more infos, ask me or look around with google ;)

Perhaps, what ipaq do you own?