PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Accesspoint and PC Card

2re
February 3rd, 2004, 05:34 PM
I've bought an Simpad on eBay, and hope to have it in my hands by next week. :lol: Since I've not have a wireless network today, I'm looking for a suitable Accesspoint and a PC Card.

In the Club Siemens' Forum, the member "ethernal" wrote the following:"Oh, and make sure the card isn't from D-Link (they almost never work with Simpad) and I hope your router at home isn't from D-Link."

Does anybody else have the same experience with D-Link product's and Simpad?

Can you recommend a WLAN product that will work "without" any problems with the Simpad? (Hmmm.. probably not invented :roll: ?)

Any experiens with WLAN product's from Linksys used with the Simpad?

2re

Wilhelm
February 3rd, 2004, 06:13 PM
Try to get a Siemens I-GATE 11M card. This should give you no troubles at all, since the drivers are already installed. The access point should really be no problem.
I am using a Netgear MR314 but really every one should work, it really depends on what you want. AP, Router etc.

Wilhelm

jhopkin
February 4th, 2004, 02:13 PM
I tried a proxim and a linksys card in my Simpad - no luck. The proxim wanted drivers and the Linksys wasn't recognized at all (I think it was cardbus). I bought a $20 Orinoco Silver card off eBay and it works great out of the box with no driver installation.

I'm using a Dell 802.11g access point which works well with my Simpad, e740 and Linksys PC card in my laptop.

-James