PDA

View Full Version : Gosh darn it... can't get 800X600... Wiki has dead link...

QuickCarl
February 14th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Trying to follow the instructions for SimPAD in the Wiki... but the link http://www.netremote.org/dl/NetRemote-15-Sep-2003.zip is DEAD....

I am guessing that the netremote.exe contained therein is the missing link for me. I followed the rest of the directions, but I only am able to get a 240X320 PPC resolution even when runnint the MC_800X600.ccf created by Ben. (which I downloaded separately.

Everything else seems good. I have USB working, networking working, browsing working, I have active sync via serial/USB/Ethernet...

I love the SimPAD, but really it is of NO use to me if I can't get full screen NetRemote.

I did load TV Remote from PDAWin and I have direct IR that controls my equipment from the couch...WOOHOO

Are there some Simpad pros out there that can help a brother out?

PS - Ben, shouldn't there be a button somewhere on the home page to get to the Wiki? I couldn't find a quick way to get there.

Ben S
February 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
I'm releasing a new version to try today or tomorrow, but for now you can go to http://www.netremote.org/dl/archive/NetRemote-15-Sep-2003.zip

I haven't tried USB from the device because I always heard it didn't work. If you have it working, I'll give it a shot. Did you do anything special to get it working?

QuickCarl
February 14th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Ben - yep, Aaron was nice enough to send me a silent install file for the USB device, and after installing that on the destop machine, then rebooting the SimPAD, then plug in the USB cable and presto....

I'll see if I can attach the file to this message, but it is called wceusbsh.inf

Mastiff
February 14th, 2004, 04:38 PM
This should be old news to you, Ben. I posted about that a few days after I got my pad... :wink:

QuickCarl
February 15th, 2004, 06:08 AM
Ben - Thanks so much for the Sep14th NR.exe. It is pretty buggy, but at least I have some WOW factor...

Ben S
February 18th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Hope 0.995 works better for you, Carl. Please let me know.

QuickCarl
February 19th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Ben - I have had some significant issues. Waking or resuming from standby causes big problems which require hard reset. I was sort of waiting for you to stomp some of the bugs before jumping to things full bore.

Application LOOKS great and once direct IR works I will get to work on full implementation. Also, I am going to be interested in using Gavin's LDJ stuff so I hope he dusts that off.

-Carl