PDA

View Full Version : 0.995 custom plugins

george
February 17th, 2004, 08:55 PM
What needs to be done to upgrade my 0.994 plugin to 0.995? A link to an updated SDK would probably be sufficient.

Keep up the great work!

avid
February 18th, 2004, 03:49 AM
George,

Yes there is indeed a 0.995 SDK. And it works great. It took me less than 10 minutes to convert my driver code from 0.994.

I got it direct from Ben, but I guess this thread will prompt him to post a URL for download.

Brian

Ben S
February 18th, 2004, 07:57 AM
Yes, I'll post the revised SDK this evening.

What plugins are you working on George? Something cool?

george
February 18th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Yes, I'll post the revised SDK this evening.

What plugins are you working on George? Something cool?

Thanks. Unfortunately, I'm not working on anything general purpose. I'm using netremote to send TCP/IP messages from my pocketpc or desktop computer to an AMX home automation system. The AMX then controls the lights, whole-house audio and video, A/C, and security. Basically, this lets a $350 pocketpc become a $2500 AMX remote.

Aaron
March 17th, 2004, 10:56 PM
George,
Would you be willing to expand your code to assist those of us that use homeseer? If you are... I've put together a rough draft of what the plug-in for homeseer and netremote would need to do.

Homeseer side:
1) store IP/host name of netremote clients
2) select HS devices to reflect status
3) upon HS startup, contact NR clients and send current status of reflected devices
4) upon HS status change, send new status to NR clients.
5) accept commands from Netremote plug-in to change status of devices and trigger events

Netremote side:
1) store IP/host name of HS server
2) send commands to HS to change status of devices and trigger events
3) upon NR startup, contact HS server to request current status of reflected devices
4) define variables in NR to use for corresponding devices in HS
5) update state of variables to correspond with HS device/event status

george
March 21st, 2004, 08:33 PM
Sorry Aaron, I don't think my little app will expand well into a general purpose home automation remote. Not to mention I know nothing about programming the homeseer server.

From your description it sounds like you want the remote always kept apprised of the home automation server's status. I took a somewhat different approach. When I hit the lights button on the pocketpc it sends a query to the AMX server for the current light levels in the current room. The advantage is the server doesn't keep the pocketpc continually updated about lighting levels especially considering the pocketpc might be off or out of range. The downside is that once I'm in the lighting screen, if someone else changes the light levels it is not reflected on my pocketpc screen.