PDA

View Full Version : SimPad and Outlook

2re
March 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
This is not a NetRemote problem, but I hope for some help anyway :roll:

This problem suddenly start yesterday. When trying to Send/Receive Mail on my SimPad, I got the following mesage: "Can't initialize service. Could not establish remote connection." I've checked all the POP3 e-mail definitions and reinstalled the account, but still the same problem. Any idea?

Regards

Tore

QuickCarl
March 13th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Could you surf the Internet at the time? Sounds to me like a connectivity problem with the network or theNet.

Also recheck password. HTH-Carl

2re
March 13th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Yes Carl, I can surf the internet and the pasword is checked several times. It's so annoying.

Tore

QuickCarl
March 13th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Check to ake sure that the security settings are not turned on.

2re
March 13th, 2004, 12:54 PM
If you mean the encryption utility, it's not active.

QuickCarl
March 13th, 2004, 01:44 PM
No I meant make sure that you don't have you don't have the box checked that turns on 'Log on using Secure Password Authentication'

2re
March 13th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Where is that check -box located Carl? :roll:

2re
March 14th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Some additional info:

When I connect the SimPad with the serial cable to my PC and start ActiveSync, I can send/receive mail. Then when I disconnect the serial cable from the SimPad, I still can send/receive mail. If I then turn the power OFF on the SimPad, without shutting down Outlook, and then turn the power on, I can send/receive mail. BUT, as soon as I close down Outlook, and then open Outlook again and try to send/receive email, the message: "Can't initialize service. Could not establish remote conection." shows up again.

Surfing the web is no problem!

While I'm able to send e-mails, I have try to check the properties (Services/Options/Properties) but It's not possible. The "buttons"; "Add", "Remove", and "Properties" are "grey" and do not react when I click on them. When I'm not able to send e-mails, I'm able to check the properties!

Maybe this problems also have something to do with the problems I have with running NetRemote :?: Which is a much more serious problem!

Hope some of you folks have some ideas on what to do

Tore

2re
March 24th, 2004, 03:53 AM
A hardreset by holding down the button right above the control key, and then press the reset button "solved" the problem. Lost some importen data, but what the heck...... After the reset, and then setting up my e-mail account for the 1000th time I've now have the possibility to send/receive e-mail's from my SimPad again. But, do I use the Pad that much to send e-mails from? I don't want to answer that question...... At least I now have the possibility,.... when the neighbour ask :wink:

Tore