PDA

View Full Version : Netremote over IRDA?

vbich
March 27th, 2004, 10:01 AM
I know this is very unusual setup, but can netremote work over IRDA connection? I have an old ipaq 3630 lying around and the only interface it has is irda. If I mount it within proper distance from my IRDA receiver (IR200L), will I be able to have PC talk to netremote? I know I can have netremote talk CIR and have IR200L do the same but I need 2 way communication between netremote and PC

I am a newbee and apologize if this was answered before. I did try to search forum and google but found no answer

Thanks!

Mastiff
March 27th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Actually I don't think this has been answered before, it's kind of like trying to use Windows XP on a Commodore 64... :wink: Basically it's like this: If you're able to surf the Net and browse your network from the PPC you should be able to use NetRemote as well.

vbich
March 31st, 2004, 01:19 PM
I know if I have an IP connectivity, then I can use NetRemote. I am sorry if I was not that clear. My IPaq is old, it is pocketPC 2000, I do not think it supports IP over ActiveSync. I read that support for that comes with PPC 2002 up. So to answer you, I cannot browse Net from it :-). No IP. But AFAIK, NetRemote is about sending simple messages between PPC and PC and I was hoping it can use transport other than IP for that, namely raw IRDA. I could probably tie girder's serial plugin with XP IRDA driver and my IR200L, but on the PPC side I am out of options except for writing my own stuff.

Actually I don't think this has been answered before, it's kind of like trying to use Windows XP on a Commodore 64... :wink: Basically it's like this: If you're able to surf the Net and browse your network from the PPC you should be able to use NetRemote as well.