PDA

View Full Version : .995 and .996 not executing on Simpad - with olece300.dll

icelandic
May 26th, 2004, 03:01 AM
Hi, I already posted this at the Tablet PC-forum, but got no answer. I hope it's not because this problem has been solved and a solution has been posted, but I could not find anything.

The releases .995 and .996 are not executing on my Simpad. If I double-click on the .exe-file nothing happens, there's no error-popup or such a thing. I have copied the olece300.dll to the program's directory, so this can't be the fault.

Version .994 is running smoothly, my Zoomplayer-skin works like a charm.

The installed OS on my Simpad is CE4.0 German.

Thanks for any help, icelandic.

Ben S
May 28th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Hi icelandic -

I have seen this recently. Do this (which works for me, for some reason), create a shortcut to NetRemote (mine's on the Simpad desktop). Then double click the shortcut.

For some reason it will launch from there (for me).

In the meantime, I'll see what it -thinks- it's doing.

* FLASH * I think I just figured out what's happening. Perhaps the PPC emulation layer (the special .dlls required to run PPC things) is not doing the check to see if NetRemote is running properly. If the folder is named NetRemote, I bet it won't start!

Thus by creating a shortcut on the desktop, you can run from there. That has to be what's going on!

Jlee
May 28th, 2004, 12:10 PM
.997?

I didn't know there was such a version. I'm running .996.3 Did I miss something?

icelandic
May 28th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Yes! That's it! I renamed the folder and now I don't have problems anymore. One new registration scored! :-)

To .997: D'Oh. I meant: .995 and .996 not executing, .994 is executing. Mixed up the numbers, sorry.

*edit* : I corrected the numbers in the first post.